Which 775 mobo to get for OC?

Drewis

Limp Gawd
Hello guys, im looking for some opinions on a good stable board with alot of bios options to overclock with.

Im running a p d 820 that i'd like to get to 4ghz before I buy my e6600..

I really want to stay away from ASUS they are terrible, I have had so many problems with my p5b its not even comical..

i was looking at the p5w dh-dlx even though its asus, ive read alot of good stuff on it... can anyone point me in the right direction?

I'd give the DS3 a shot although it's probably in the same ballpark as the P5B.

If you're looking at 975X, I'd go either the Bad Axe 2 or the P5W DH. Both are good boards and it comes down to whether or not you want all the extras the P5W has.

Another option might be one of the 650i SLI boards. They are somewhat cheap ($110-150 depending on the features). They have decent OCing abilities. Somewhat better than the 975X, but not quite as good as the 965 for FSB speeds.

yeah. this 1102 bios update from asus for the p5b is a nightmare. Ive had nothing but problems with this board since the day i got it. I really dont wanna give asus my money again.

Hmm the DS3 eh, its a 965 chipset? How is it for OC'ing and divider options??

Anyone out there who even considers a p5b vanilla board please reconsider..

I liked the DS3. It had a lot of memory divider options and OC's well. I sold it to my brother and it runs fine in his computer too.

might want to wait and see what the DFI Infinity does. Not many in depth reviews, but there are some forum posts (see hot deals posting...there are some links in it).

For 140 bucks, you get crossfire, 1 pcie x1, 3 PCI, Firewire, ICH8R, DFI's fan control (which is light years ahead of Gigabyte's), on/off switch and reset button on the MB itself and much more.

It's not as pretty as the lanparty NF4 I had, and I don't have much use for crossfire (or SLI), but I may sell my gigabyte and get this one.

eVGA 680i
Abit AW9D-Max
Intel 975XBX2LKR
MSI 975X Platinum
MSI 650i Platinum
DFI 965-S

That would be my list... from most expensive to cheapest. I think I might go DFI 965-S. All of those boards support conroe btw, so you're fine switching that PD820 over to an E6600.

I'd like to take a look at that DFI board myself. Either that or a 650i board for cheap OCing.

ive only read one review on the DQ6 and it was a very good one. does anyone know if this board is as good as gold?

Back