~Which 6800GT?? help a fella out~

appatula

Limp Gawd
Hey,
well I thought by reading the post below I would find my answer but then i found out it was for PCI-E, anyway I have recently started to build my new rig (my first :D ) and have everything but the Video card, anyhow everyone tells me to go for the 6800GT line of vid cards and well there are just so many!! I have no clue were to start or what company is better ect. I am looking for a AGP type also and I want to stay in the $400 USD range any info of links to deals would be a world of help to me thanks in advance and please dont let my ignorance irritate you, as Im still learning :)
-Appatula

hmm sorta want to stick with new stuff unless it a really good deal
-Appatula

If you dont want the NV Silenver, Ill take it off the deal. So $360 shipped. Finding a new BFG 6800GT OC for $360 (or even $400) shipped in stock isnt going to happen. :)

If you want to continue talking about this, just PM me. I dont know if its bad form to do so in this forum.

You know, the lifetime warranty is voided by installing that NVIDIA Silencer o_Oa

Minor details... at that point it's not a "virgin" BFG and slightly less enticing for $360

Hey,
I have just been reading about people having problems with there 6800GT locking up and studdering with the K8N Neo 2 Platinum mobo, really want to avoid this if that is what is going to happen to me. some people say its a PSU issue and some others say that they have bought multiple PSU with no improvments? whats up with this? sorta wanted to buy 6800GT today but i guess im gunna wait for some input first.

appatula said:
Hey,
I have just been reading about people having problems with there 6800GT locking up and studdering with the K8N Neo 2 Platinum mobo, really want to avoid this if that is what is going to happen to me. some people say its a PSU issue and some others say that they have bought multiple PSU with no improvments? whats up with this? sorta wanted to buy 6800GT today but i guess im gunna wait for some input first.
All fine for me
;)

yeah, i think im going to to down the ATI route, i google'd about the 6800 prob and found some very dissapointing things for ex. http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=43754
I dont even want to risk having problems as this is my first rig and first performance vid card, I really want to be able to play around with it and have flawwless game play studdering is deffedently not feasible for me so I thank all you for the help but as i said befor ATI is now my choice . now I just have to do some research to see wich one to buy tonight, maybe some suggestions?

"Freezing happens in all games if the card is overclocked (above 400/1100) and fast writes enabled. Specs are in my sig below."

basically explains everything, I can confirm this, because When ever I do OC my card past 400/1100 with fast writes on i get freezing, but 400/1100 works PERFECTLY, and plays ANY GAME 1600x1200 full AA AF and all the eye candy on. I dont think this problem is in the 6800U though, because the stock speeds for it are 400/1100.

and I for one have had nothing but good, sweet, perfect gameing on my 6800gt. But I want to sell it and get an ultra.

That would be a REALLY bad idea, getting that card, for that price.

It used to be top dog, before the X800's and 6800's came out. Its much slower than both are now. A 6800GT will run circles around that card.

not if it starts randomly freezing with my neo 2 platinum, I rather a smooth gameplay. Honestly I dont want to buy a 400 card that will give me trouble, I really wish that the 6800GT didnt do what it does but read these posts these people have some serious probs noting that this is $400, that alot to pay for all this trouble
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=858380
I also read about this happening to countless people after doing a google search too, Really im stuck I would pick the 6800GT but not now as im hearing that its going to give me all this trouble and on top of that this will be my very first gaming rig so im very inexperinced at adjustments and bios ect. what do i doo!! im stuck!
-Appatula

If you are worried then don't get the 6800gt. But whatever you do DO NOT BUY a 9800xt. They are pretty much obsolete. Spend the 400 on a x800 pro. If you are trying to save money get a 6800nu. Dont , please don't buy a 9800xt. You will be very disappointed.

Im not dont worry, If I get a 6800NU will i take a chance at those freezing probs or is that just with the 6800GT?
-Appatula

peleejosh said:
If you are worried then don't get the 6800gt. But whatever you do DO NOT BUY a 9800xt. They are pretty much obsolete. Spend the 400 on a x800 pro. If you are trying to save money get a 6800nu. Dont , please don't buy a 9800xt. You will be very disappointed.
DONT BUY A X800PRO EITHER! u will be disspointed with that its pretty bad for price to preformence ratio when compared to a 6800GT

and repeat after meTHE 9800XT HAS HALF THE PREFORMENCE OF A 6800GT FOR THE SAME PRICE THATS A FUCKIN RIP

haha very bold are we?? I really did want to stay with 6800GT and now with what im hearing now i think im going to stay, but i need some more input of what causes the probs whit neo 2 platinum as i def dont want them.
-Appatula

Back