Which 6800/xt AIB Card Do you want? Poll with pics

What Radeon RX 6800 / xt AIB Brand do you want?

• Asus

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • MSI

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Gigabyte

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • XFX

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Powercolor

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • Asrock

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Sapphire

Votes: 29 37.7%

• Total voters

tangoseal

[H]F Junkie
So there are many compiled lists of all AIB Cards that will probably (not) be available next week and the week after.

Which one do you like best? I am sure there are some I am missing but for the fun of the thread and to share each others interest lets find out.

I have attached a poll so you can let the [H] world know what you have your heart set on getting.........eventually sometime in the future haha.

Lets begin:

Asus
1606157055386.png

1606157077391.png

MSI
1606157123162.png

1606157155144.png

Gigabyte:
Hasn't shown us anything as of now that I can find. Probably wrong here. But you can bet yourself Gigabyte will have some great cards!

Sapphire (the best AMD AIB company?? - I dont know thats what I heard)
1606157217536.png

1606157234182.png

1606157251128.png

Powercolor (are they the best? I have heard that as well):
1606157284753.png

1606157312118.png

1606157327758.png

Asrock:

1606157350520.png

1606157366328.png

XFX:

1606157394263.png

Source of these photos are from: Source of these photos and lists

Last edited:
Not that I can afford a new card, but if I could I'd go with the Strix Liquid Cooled 6800XT. Videocardz has been torturing us with pics of it for the past month and I frankly can't handle how badass it is. Should overclock real good if the power limit is high enough.

Which ever has the reference PCB. Don't give two cents about their other options outside of that.

That Red Devil looks mighty impressive (even with its gaudy red light up horns). Unless they review terribly, the Nitro+ or Red Devil would be at the top of my list.

I have two Red Devil 5700XTs and looking to replace my 1080ti with the Red Devil 6800 XT.

I'm kinda hoping XFX makes a Thicc IV Ultra variant I really liked the kinda classic car vibe on the thicc III.

Otherwise I'd go for the absolute biggest, beefiest, heaviest one that exists. I absolutely do not want to have to rip off my GPU cooler and go aftermarket again to keep noises reasonable like I did with my 1080Ti

1606167016586.png

The ASrock Taichi ones would absolutely match my motherboard and I know that the RGB would work perfectly on them, but they don't look as though they have the same thermal capabilities of some of the other cards and I still don't really give a fuck about RGB.

I'll hopefully pickup one of the Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XTs someone Q1 2021 as long as price isn't inflated and they're available. I've been purchasing the Sapphire Nitro+ or Dual X series since HD7000 series and their cooling has been top notch.

I'm torn. I'm going to rip the cooler off for a water block, so I'm interested in the best vrm/power delivery setup.

It might change after reading reviews but I'll probably try to get the Nitro+.

I've been very happy with the build quality and cooler on my current Nitro+ and they always seem to get good reviews. The Red Devil cards always seem to review well too due to there coolers but it seems to me like they fail more often, that might be mostly anecdotal but some of the limited data I've seen suggests it as well.

Not familiar with AMD brands and which ones typically have larger selections of waterblocks. That's the one I'd choose. I heard that PowerColor has a "Liquid Devil" which intrigues me.

I would like to see reviews first, the ASUS LC in a 6900 XT form would be very enticing depending upon price. Need to see power limits and actual reviews of all of these cards and how well they OC. Seems like the AMD reference ones give about 5% OC.

I don't give a shit as long as I can buy ONE....any ONE......I'd like the Reference model to be honest.

The heat sink is coming off and a block is going on anyway, and I fucking hate disco lights.

I heard Powercolor 6800 XT Red Devil is clocking to whooping 2.65GHz. Now THAT's sweet. Too bad it's 1000 units limited edition.

I would like to see reviews first, the ASUS LC in a 6900 XT form would be very enticing depending upon price. Need to see power limits and actual reviews of all of these cards and how well they OC. Seems like the AMD reference ones give about 5% OC.
Rumor is that the 6900 XT will be made by AMD only.

Rumor is that the 6900 XT will be made by AMD only.
I've heard more recent rumor that AMD might have revised their stance and may allow AIB 6900XT after all but that there won't be AIB 6900XT for awhile because AMDs late change of heart left mfgr's little time to create the products.

I'll buy any one of them i can get my hands on unless there is a gigantic markup on them. We will see.

Where do I find the direct links on Amazon, Best Buy, etc before they go on sale? Without the links, there isn’t a chance of beating the bots

Where do I find the direct links on Amazon, Best Buy, etc before they go on sale? Without the links, there isn’t a chance of beating the bots
They usually start popping up on Reddit and Discords within an hour of the release time.

I was hoping for an MSI or Sapphire board. After seeing the pricing on the partner boards with their mark up above the reference not sure anymore. For me personally was looking at 6800xt. with these prices the 6800xt are almost the same or more than the 3080. I know these are all very competitive with each other but when the price advantage is practically eliminated it becomes a wash for me and i start focusing more on price. Hopefully these prices will come down some and stock levels will be at a point where i can actually buy one.

I'm looking on Newegg, and everyone single AIB is > $100 over the reference cards. Some over $150. The heck?

At that price point, the average AIB is more expensive than a AIB RTX 3080.

voted for Tuf gaming to match the motherboard but I'll take a 6800xt any flavor. If not might cough up for a 3080 but those are now $1,700 on Amazon.
Twice as much for 6Gb less memory? Tough sell.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Cannot tell from the photos... do any of the 6800XT come with three display ports?

voted for Tuf gaming to match the motherboard but I'll take a 6800xt any flavor. If not might cough up for a 3080 but those are now $1,700 on Amazon.
Twice as much for 6Gb less memory? Tough sell.
I refuse to pay above MSRP no matter how long i have to wait. Some of those cards look pretty awesom but arnt worth the huge mark up compared top the stock 6800xt/s

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Why is Sapphire in the lead? Their cards look uninspired compared to what Asus and Powercolor have made.

Back