Which 670 to buy?

@Particleman. Nexuiz just got released today for $10 on steam. It's a fast paced shooter but it's poorly optimized IMO. I can't max it out using sli 460's (1920 x 1200) and somebody else only got 60 fps on a 680.

Back on topic: Gigabyte or ASUS GeForce GTX 670 Direct CU II TOP for me. I was thinking about waiting for the 680 4gb version, but probably a waste for 1920 x 1200 resolution based on the reviews. I'm just a little worried about future games requiring more memory and I would probably sli in the future (like I did with the 460, and skipped the 500 generation) when games get more demanding.

Anybody who ordered from Amazon, what status and delivery date are you seeing?

I'm a prime member and I ordered the gigabyte this morning while it was in stock. When I ordered it, it said "if you order in the next 6 hours and choose 1 day delivery, you will receive your order tomorrow, Friday May 11th".

Now when I look at the order, it shows as "NOT YET SHIPPED" with a delivery date of Monday.

I don't even have a shipping date yet.

Not sure about that step up limitation, but I'll look into that. Didnt used to be like that but I havnt step'd in years so who knows lol

Newegg shows my status as "packaging", so that good, maybe it'll still ship today lol

I ran mine at that temp and it barely made it 2 years, had to add an extra case fan blowing right on it.

Precisely! Over time, especially in the summer in warmer climates where you may not keep the ambient temperature cool enough, many of these 670s are going to fail. Then again, some people would be happy to get 2 years out of their cards, so to each his own!

Probably was tied up on an order and then the credit card charge didn't go through.

Makes sense, hopefully goes to someone who missed out the first time around.

Although now it says "limit 10" and you can add up to 10 in your cart. If I remember right, Newegg stops you early if they don't have enough stock.

So maybe someone tried to order 20+ or something, newegg said nope and set a cap.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooo

Your Amazon.com order of "GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 670 2..." has shipped!

Now the bad news... I was hoping to work from home all day and just had a client confirm an appointment tomorrow afternoon. This is a potentially huge account so I can't reschedule.. With my luck FedEx will show up in the 2 hour window when I'm gone.

Yeah, looks like I got hosed. It was in stock when I bought it, didn't show out of stock until quite a bit later, but it looks like they still are going to screw me. I'll be very lucky if I get it Monday, probably be a week or more until they get more stock in...

Makes sense, hopefully goes to someone who missed out the first time around.

Although now it says "limit 10" and you can add up to 10 in your cart. If I remember right, Newegg stops you early if they don't have enough stock.

So maybe someone tried to order 20+ or something, newegg said nope and set a cap.

Yes, people do this. They add 100 or w/e to their cart to see how many there are in stock and the site lowers the number to the actual number. Setting a limit of 10 protects them more.

got my hopes up
We apologize for the inconvenience. At this time, item (GV-N670OC-2GD ) has been removed from your shopping cart because of insufficient stockand/or it cannot be shipped to an APO address.

though --

THAT"S the way it should work instead of not telling you they are out of stock (perhaps NEVER even HAVING stock) with intention to ship on the 18th of this month like TigerDirect bullcrap.

I agree, newegg does a good job of helping you actually figure out what's available at the time, and they don't make promises they can't keep.

THAT"S the way it should work instead of not telling you they are out of stock (perhaps NEVER even HAVING stock) with intention to ship on the 18th of this month like TigerDirect bullcrap.

That is annoying, I saw them add to my cart so I figured they were back in-stock. But then when you actually go to check-out it will stop you. Better than TD though.

Sorry for getting your hopes up :(

Tiger Direct executives and CompUSA executives are under investigation for theft and shady business practices.
Sounds to me like they figured they could beat Newegg to the punch by posting up the product before they had stock. Typical Tiger/CompUSA tactic. Consumers get screwed because by the time they realize Tiger was selling vaporware, the Newegg stock is already gone.

It looks back in stock at Newegg to me, I was able to add it to my cart and get all the way through to the end page, did not order it though as I hopefully already have one from Amazon. I wish $400 was not that big of a deal to me, I would order two, but I can't really spend $800 on video cards.

That is annoying, I saw them add to my cart so I figured they were back in-stock. But then when you actually go to check-out it will stop you.

It was in stock at the moment you put it in your cart. That does not reserve it, or people who were not really intending to buy could keep stock tied up that way. The system apparently does another check when you submit the order and it must have been gone at that time.

I just got finished chatting online with a Tiger Direct rep. None of their GTX 670 cards are in stock he tells me...yet they are mostly all listed as in stock at that time as I was checking.

The Gigabyte card I purchased this morning at 9:AM still shows right now "today" just as it did this morning.

What rubbish.

It was in stock at the moment you put it in your cart. That does not reserve it, or people who were not really intending to buy could keep stock tied up that way. The system apparently does another check when you submit the order and it must have been gone at that time.

No I tried again after Archaea posted, I was able to add it to my cart, but once you go to submit the order (after typing in CC info) it will stop you with an error message.

No I tried again after Archaea posted, I was able to add it to my cart, but once you go to submit the order (after typing in CC info) it will stop you with an error message.

Same thing may have happened. Or you have something cached in your browser. Could be many explanations.

got my hopes up
We apologize for the inconvenience. At this time, item (GV-N670OC-2GD ) has been removed from your shopping cart because of insufficient stockand/or it cannot be shipped to an APO address.

though --

As of this moment the Gigabyte is in stock at Newegg if you want to try again.

As we've just said in the last few posts, it is listed as in-stock on the page description. But once you go to order it, it will fail with an error message.

As we've just said in the last few posts, it is listed as in-stock on the page description. But once you go to order it, it will fail with an error message.

There is 20+ showing available so I'd try again. If it is in fact OOS then Newegg is having inventory issues at the moment.

what's the biggest benefit of 4gb over 2gb? I do run a triple monitor setup. would it be better to wait for a 4gb?

That's the idea, some reviews show 2GB being a limit with some resolutions/games. Other reviews saying it makes no difference.

I'll be able to test it on a 7680 x 1440 setup with both a single 670 and SLI. Depending on performance... may / may not sell the 2GB card and go for 4GB. But there were no 4GB cards on release and I'm not very patient.

I remember the days when 512MB seemed massive, and 1GB was insane, no games used that much VRAM!

edit ---

it worked! on a second PC...must have been something cached in the browser as the previous poster mentioned. I ordered it for $399 + $25 shipping overnight + $2.99 rush. Gosh darn I hope it's delivered by Monday May 14, so I can have it for the LAN party on May 15!!!

Screw TigerDirect and the horse they rode in on.

Try again blazestorm --- if you want one - clear your cache and give it a go!

That works then, I tried it with a different browser and got the same result... figured it was on newegg's end. With rush and over-night you should definitely have it in time.

I already ordered 3 (2 for buddy, 1 for me) ;) I caught them when they were first posted. I was just trying to help others out.

edit ---

it worked! on a second PC...must have been something cached in the browser as the previous poster mentioned. I ordered it for $399 + $25 shipping overnight + $2.99 rush.

Congrats!

That was me about the browser cache. I'm not as think as you stupid I am!!! :cool:

damn why doesn't amazon have the gigabyte 670! did they every offer it in stock? i get charged tax at new egg

Bit the bullet and just ordered a Gigabyte from Newegg, was in stock all morning then a few hours ago showed out of stock,then in stock (but wouldn't let me add to cart) then I finally snagged one! $399 with free 2 day shop runner shipping and hopefully they honor the 2.5-4% fat wallet rebate (guessing it will be the 2.5% but thats still $10 back).

this has to be the first time I have EVER paid retail for anything computer related, LOL I am normally patient and wait for some sort of sale/rebate to save me $30-$50 on a card like this. But the way I justify it in my head is that with the Gigabyte OC version I am getting the same performance of a stock GTX 680 for $100 less, so there is my discount. And in 6 months I can probably pick up another one for $300 and match GTX 690 performance for $700 :)

Guess my GTX 560 448 is going on ebay! With a 2560X1440 monitor I really needed the 2GB and this thing just blows away my card. Can't wait to start playing Skyrim again, might try upping the GRID to 7 now!

These have been in stock pretty much all day at NE. I'm going to pass though. My 6950 is still treating me pretty well. To all those who ordered, I'm sure you'll all really enjoy them. :)

Back