Which 670 to buy?

The Gigabyte is OOS. Funny I keep hitting F5 and just a second before it went out of stock there were 9 available.

Hmm that TPU review of the Asus DCU makes it looks awesome from a noise stand point...

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Has anyone seen a review of the Zotac 670 AMP card yet? From the little OC chart in the TPU reviews, it looks like that card is a beast. Would like to see a full review.

Hmm that TPU review of the Asus DCU makes it looks awesome from a noise stand point...

Yeah... truth is though, I've had cards with the Gigabyte Windforce 3x cooler and it's really quiet on its own as well. The DC II TOP cooler for the Asus GTX 670 looks pretty nice, but I'm not sure how much nicer it would actually be for sure.

I ended up pulling the trigger on the EVGA sc edition. I'm not sure if the ASUS will come out today, and I don't want to wait weeks for the 4gb version, when it probably won't make a difference with me because I play on only one monitor.

I ended up pulling the trigger on the EVGA sc edition. I'm not sure if the ASUS will come out today, and I don't want to wait weeks for the 4gb version, when it probably won't make a difference with me because I play on only one monitor.
I would imagine it would, but might as well have a card checked out to be sure you get one.

Same question to you as the other guy waiting on an SC:
Both parts are marked -KR so warranty should be the same.

Does the eVGA SC 680 clock better?

wheres newegg at with these releases!!!

thinking of pulling the trigger on the EVGA 670SC from amazon

I noticed on the evga site that none of the 670's are -AR parts - do they not do lifetime warranty's anymore?

F*ck it, pulled the trigger on the Gigabyte one. $410.97 with 2nd day shipping from Amazon. Currently out of stock, but I figure the longer I wait, the worse off I'd be...

Just placed the order for 1 Gigabyte, total $399.99 since I'm not in rush, gotto get rid of my HD6970 for the fund to get another.

wondering i should wait for the 4gb version to be sold... running a u3011 at 2560x1600. 670 should be more than enough power at 2gb.

what do you guys think?

Depends on how itchy you are. I think the 4 gb version is a hell of a buy at only $50 or so more. I think if I were you I'd wait, but I got a little to itchy, will probably regret not waiting for the ASUS or 4gb EVGA. I mean the extra 2 gb can't hurt can it?

wondering i should wait for the 4gb version to be sold... running a u3011 at 2560x1600. 670 should be more than enough power at 2gb.

what do you guys think?

You won't use more than ~1.8gb.

Has anyone seen a review of the Zotac 670 AMP card yet? From the little OC chart in the TPU reviews, it looks like that card is a beast. Would like to see a full review.

I think the TPU admin dude mentioned he will have the Zotac review up sometime today and an SLI review up later today or tomorrow.

EDIT: Although, I'm not sure if that's the AMP version or not.

You won't use more than ~1.8gb.

Unless you run skyrim with all the texture packs installed. Unless games that come out in the next year or so need a ton of VRAM. There's a certain crowd here that's absolutely certain that no one will ever need more than 2gb of VRAM and I'm unsure as to how they reached that conclusion as there are some games that can use more than that.

Unless you run skyrim with all the texture packs installed. Unless games that come out in the next year or so need a ton of VRAM. There's a certain crowd here that's absolutely certain that no one will ever need more than 2gb of VRAM and I'm unsure as to how they reached that conclusion as there are some games that can use more than that.

True, nobody knows what the future holds. Today, and probably the short/mid term, 4gb is throwing money on the fire.

True, nobody knows what the future holds. Today, and probably the short/mid term, 4gb is throwing money on the fire.

Possibly correct, especially when you consider that those of us camping on opening hours of a gpu's release date, are probably those likely to upgrade within the next generate, but two generations from now at the most, that 2 gb may never get any usage.

Possibly correct, especially when you consider that those of us camping on opening hours of a gpu's release date, are probably those likely to upgrade within the next generate, but two generations from now at the most, that 2 gb may never get any usage.

Who... me? lmao

Grrrrrr, Everyone has the eVga 4GB now except for NewEgg! I have this NewEgg GC burning a hole in my pocket!!! C'mon NewEgg, hurry the freak up!

Also I'm really surprised how hot these cards run. I thought with the smaller design and less power they would run cooler, but I'm reading these reference cards hit in the mid to low 70's on low. My reference EVGA 570 SC card only hit 65 max under full load an only did that when my room was toasty. I'm wondering if these temperature readings are with a custom fan profile or with the fans on lowest setting or something.

Grrrrrr, Everyone has the eVga 4GB now except for NewEgg! I have this NewEgg GC burning a hole in my pocket!!! C'mon NewEgg, hurry the freak up!

Newegg isn't showing any in stock for me at all, and I haven't seen any 4gb versions in stock yet. WHere are you seeing these?

Also I'm really surprised how hot these cards run. I thought with the smaller design and less power they would run cooler, but I'm reading these reference cards hit in the mid to low 70's on low. My reference EVGA 570 SC card only hit 65 max under full load an only did that when my room was toasty. I'm wondering if these temperature readings are with a custom fan profile or with the fans on lowest setting or something.

Newegg isn't showing any in stock for me at all, and I haven't seen any 4gb versions in stock yet. WHere are you seeing these?

NewEgg has no 670s yet. It's just the eVga 4GB model I am after and they do not have. I could use Amazon and have it tomorrow, but instead I have to use NewEgg and wait 5 days before it shows up. :mad:

If some of you are waiting to pull the trigger and amazon is your option, the EVGA regular edition just disappeared for me, so I wouldn't wait much longer for the EVGA sc edition, it might be gone very soon.

NewEgg has no 670s yet. It's just the eVga 4GB model I am after and they do not have. I could use Amazon and have it tomorrow, but instead I have to use NewEgg and wait 5 days before it shows up. :mad:

I honestly don't believe the 4gb versions are ready to be released yet, because even the EVGA website itself never had this card in stock yet. Maybe it will release later today, I don't know, but It might be a few weeks before we see the card as well. I was also wanting that card, but I believe it might be a week or two before it is released, but that is just my own hunch with absolutely no data to base it on.

I honestly don't believe the 4gb versions are ready to be released yet, because even the EVGA website itself never had this card in stock yet. Maybe it will release later today, I don't know, but It might be a few weeks before we see the card as well. I was also wanting that card, but I believe it might be a week or two before it is released, but that is just my own hunch with absolutely no data to base it on.

If the Egg will just post the superclocked edition 2GB I'd be happy with that. After using Eyefinity I decided Multi Display gaming was not for me. So I should be fine with the 2GB. If they would hurry and post something I would order it just because.

After being with AMD all these years my 6950 is finding a new home in my wife's PC and I am back on the nVidia ship. My last nVidia card was a MX400

amazon does not have any 4gb models up yet...

If the Egg will just post the superclocked edition 2GB I'd be happy with that. After using Eyefinity I decided Multi Display gaming was not for me. So I should be fine with the 2GB. If they would hurry and post something I would order it just because.

After being with AMD all these years my 6950 is finding a new home in my wife's PC and I am back on the nVidia ship. My last nVidia card was a MX400

My last Nvidia card was a 6800GT :)

For sure. Are you a preferred holder then? I am also, but 3.99 one day shipping on amazon was just to hard to resist. I had every intention to order from Newegg because of forgot about cheap 1 day shipping.

You know, I seem to remember a [H] article that listed all of the various popular games, and their video memory usage based on resolution. Can't find it atm, but was Q4 2011 I think.

I remember when I got my MX400 (Geforce 2) and could not believe how smooth Unreal Tournament ran. Lol, the good old days...

Too bad the only game worth playing right now is BF3.. I would love for another old school, updated FPS to come out.. UT2013? Quake 5? How about HL3?

Back