Which 24" IPS 1920x1200 with AG-coating <$400?

sadbuttrue

Gawd
Ive ruled out the Dell u2412m due to backlight flicker.

I'm currently looking at the NEC 2490wuxi (second-hand) or HP ZR2440w (ex-dem). Are there any other quality displays in my price range, new or second-hand?

The display is to be used in portait mode. A good stand would be nice but not crucial.

The flicker affects some more than offers. Having poor eyesight, wearing glasses and being a migraine sufferrer compounds the problem.

The asus looks like a good option. Unfortunately here in the UK it retails for $600. Gotta love this country.

For the price, and your indicated price range I beleive the HP ZR2440w to be the best choice.

Samsung S24A850D..if you don't mind the possibility of getting one with back-light bleeding. The semi-glossy coating is 10x better than the grainy garbage matte IPS panels use, and it has low input lag. Not sure about the LED PWM flicker.

Ive ruled out the Dell u2412m due to backlight flicker.

I'm currently looking at the NEC 2490wuxi (second-hand) or HP ZR2440w (ex-dem). Are there any other quality displays in my price range, new or second-hand?

The display is to be used in portait mode. A good stand would be nice but not crucial.
Regarding flicker: CCFLs (or the phosphors) glow a long time (a few ms) after they have been turned off - the same principle in why CRTs shows an image and not just what appears to be dots with tails - even though decay time differs between phosphorous compositions. LEDs are comparatively instantly off (within a few microseconds) Have you tried any CCFL based monitors - or what did you use prior to the U2412M?

If you have good experience with other CCFL based monitors, the 2490WUXI would completely trounce the ZR2440W regarding PQ (non-aggressive AG coating) and features if it is in good condition. They are/were not targetting the same users with the same needs :)

Back