which 22" is the best for ps3 and pc? (samsung vs Asus vs Dell)

nismohks

Limp Gawd
I am looking at purchasing a new 22" for my pc

i am looking for something with HDCP so that i can get a hdmi dvi converter to play my future ps3 as well :p

and i was looking at these 3 brands: asus, samsung, dell

Samsung: 226BW 225MS

ASUS: MW221C VW222U

Dell: E228WFP

What are some things i should be looking at? i want to get a HDMI to DVI (or do i need DVI-D?? are they different?) for the ps3.

which model is the best? personally i was leaning towards the 226BW Samsung since i thought the price difference between that and the 225MS was not worth it since i didnt need the component and HDMI inputs for the ps3.(taken care of by a hdmi dvi converter)

all thoughts and opinions welcome. thanks

I use the dell 20inch widescreen ultrasharp. I do not know how it compares to the other models you have listed but I love this lcd, its pretty amazing.

Well first of all you need to be aware that your ps3 will be limited to 720P and the image will be stretched from 16:9 to 16:10 (unless you buy a more expensive LCD with 1:1 pixel mapping). And you also need to be aware of how utterly SHIT the colors will probably look. I tried my xbox 360 with several 22" monitors (including the 226bw) and on all of them the colors were extremely bland and washed out.

It seems that these consoles (or at least the 360) do not like 6bit color TN panels (all 22" LCD's use TN panels). I also tried my 360 with a BenQ FP241-WZ 8bit color LCD (MVA panel i think) and the colors looked fantastic in comparison.

yer i understand that i wont be running full res but will it really be that bad??

would it be better if i bought the 225MW with the builtin HDMI?

any more suggestions???

thanks

Nah i don't think that would make much of a difference. I tried an HDMI to DVI cable with my 360 and the colors were still bad, although it did fix a weird ghosting issue that was there with VGA.

As for 720p it will look good (aside from the color) but the stretching to 16:10 really sucks. I dunno about you but i personally do not like seeing circles as ovals and people looking taller and skinnier than they should.

I was under the impression that ASUS's were just rebadged Viewsonics or some other company...

you should just get a 23" LCD HDTV if you don't mind the lower resolution that is. 1366x768....

This http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824112008&Tpk=sceptre+x23wg

is also an interesting monitor it's native resolution is 1366x768 but its maximum is 1140x900 and you can also "stretch" the resolution to 1920x1080p with the DVI port!

This monitor also comes with a VGA to female component adaptor specifically made for ps3/xbox 360 the picture is perfect with video game console's no jaggies at all and it supports up to 1080p.

damm...

i wonder why monitors can't play the ps3 properly...

well might just buy the samsung 226BW just hope it will be ok

i dont want to buy an LCD tv mainly because.... they suck hahahha

im sick of using 2 monitors(mainly because they dont match) and i cant believe my 6yr old Samsung 171N is craploads better colorwise than the BenQ fp937s

can anyone comment about the asus being rebadged units?

you should just get a 23" LCD HDTV if you don't mind the lower resolution that is. 1366x768....

This http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824112008&Tpk=sceptre+x23wg

is also an interesting monitor it's native resolution is 1366x768 but its maximum is 1140x900 and you can also "stretch" the resolution to 1920x1080p with the DVI port!

This monitor also comes with a VGA to female component adaptor specifically made for ps3/xbox 360 the picture is perfect with video game console's no jaggies at all and it supports up to 1080p.

only you're locked to 1366x768 no matter what you select. I don't know why people cannot grasp this concept. It supports 1080p input...but it only displays 1366x768, regardless.

actually, how are the Dell 22 and 24 inchers?

the 24 can support full 1080p. hows the quality of them??

Back