Where's the ASUS P6X58D Premium Review?!?!?!

Thrust

Limp Gawd
slackin Kyle, this thing has been out for what? Two days now? LOLz

Most concerned that i haven't found anything about the (2) 6.0Gbs SATA III ports utilizing RAID

I too /
Would love a review /
If it's not too hard /
for you to do /
I like this mobo because it is blue.

Color is not /
my sole criteria /
It shouldn't get hot /
but stay cold like Siberia. /
Still all my parts are already blue /
my LEDs, my ram, and my PSU /
It would just be nice /
if my mobo was too.

Color is not /
my sole criteria /
It shouldn't get hot /
but stay cold like Siberia. /
Still all my parts are already blue /
my LEDs, my ram, and my PSU /
It would just be nice /
if my mobo was too.
Nice, im going to use this but give you credit. ;)

lol seems like a sweet board, a review would be most helpful specially for those of us looking to upgrade atm

I'm shocked at the lack of reviews anywhere online for this board as well as the Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 board...they've both been out for 2 months now with barely any reviews online from the major sites

I think at this time, usb 3.0 and sata 6gb are not that important, id rather wait for intels sata 6gb controller with their next chipset, rather than using a marvel controller.

I think at this time, usb 3.0 and sata 6gb are not that important, id rather wait for intels sata 6gb controller with their next chipset, rather than using a marvel controller.

that probably won't be out for another year...so in the meantime the Marvell solution is better then nothing

Maybe the board actually sucks, and ASUS isn't sending any samples for review because of that.

/conspiracy

Installed one yesterday in a lian li A05N minitower (i7 975 w/ TRUE rev.C & shin etsu 7739D paste, 3x2gb OCZ DDR31600 xmp, x-25m 160gb SSD + 2tb WD green data drive, win7 64, XFX 5870xxx, seasonic 750 gold psu)... here's a quick review!

- Good board packaging, very clean board, w/ quality kit included
- generally well placed cables, less the 90deg. angle SATA ports which end up under PCI-E x16 1 and 2 (if you have a 5870+ length GPU)
- PCI-E for multiple GPUs might be an issue, will fit but tight
- very, very OC friendly hardware, bios, and SW (particularly love the power/reset/memOK buttons on the main board, nice touch!)
- cpu idle temp in the mid 40's; load and light OC testing starting tonight...

oh, and obligatory fashion rave:
- Tasteful and appealing blue color scheme. Wife thought it was "pretty" too...

Oh, you wanted performance info? I'll let the pros tackle that bit. From a casual builder/user tho, it's a *really* nice board, went together clean and fast.

- PCI-E for multiple GPUs might be an issue, will fit but tight

yup looking at the board layout that is a definite concern of mine...especially since I need to use a PCI slot for my Auzentech Prelude 7.1 sound card

I built a comp on this last week and started overclocking today.Nice board so far. Lots of BIOS options. I might not be the best reviewer, because right now I'm stoked on my easy 4GHz. New to i7, and easily impressed maybe since it's rather common I understand. I had a rough go at first with all the bios options, but I left all ram on auto for now and easy peasy since. Got to go back and mess with the timings and what not. :)

I'm running this board at 4.5 stable and that's on air. This board is a champ and you want have any regrets with it.

yup looking at the board layout that is a definite concern of mine...especially since I need to use a PCI slot for my Auzentech Prelude 7.1 sound card

Same here. Layout is almost the deciding factor for me, these days. Need a board that can fit three wide GPUs (SLI + PhysX) and a PCIe x1 Auzentech sound card in a case with only seven available expansion slots. :rolleyes: This could fit the bill, though I worry when the bottom x16 slot would result in the card hanging off the mobo. Not sure if the exhaust will line up or whether the card will cover important connections. So far, the only board that looks ideal in this regard is the mythical, unicorn-status Asus Rampage III Extreme.

Last edited:
For a [H]ard review, I can no longer wait /
I need a mobo to be my 920's mate /
Newegg is shipping it, soon it will be mine /
Thanks, for the info, I hope this works out fine /
Because frankly, I'm running out of ... rhymes...

shit.

:D

I can only hope this reaffirms your choice.

... and WHOOPS, nvm. I'm a little late to the party. :p

Back