Where to go from the v1000?

RobotChild

Gawd
I bought my v1000 two or three years ago, and I've never been in love with it being silver. (Bought it used on impulse, rather than waiting to find a black :mad: )

I've been out of the loop for quite some time, and don't really know whats out in the market currently.

My requirements are really only that the case is similar in size to the v1000, and that it is black. Sleek is ALWAYS good in my mind.

Or is the v1000 still a viable option in terms of cooling and space for a new build?

V1000 is still loved by a ton of people. Its a timeless design really and perfect size. Took my EVGA Classified MB easily and its a bit bigger than normal!

They are actually bringing back the V series cases this Fall but they look different now obviously.

If you want a black V1000 there are some on ebay now and then. Maybe 1 or 2 a month and they never sell for more than $100ish.

Here's one now....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lian-Li-PC-V1000B-Mid-Tower-ATX-Case-Black-/300456910781?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

A newer case than a consider a great contender to try something new (for myself anways) is the Lian LI PC-X900. Very sleep like the V1000 series. I does cost a premium though at $350 plus.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
If you wanted a deeper case you could get the V1200, I always found the V1000 to short (depth wise) to fit much.

I still love my V1200 and I can't think of parting with it....
It has pretty bad cable management features compared to an 800D but it's still manageable.

Those cases look amazing as is... theyre refreshing it to put things back to ATX....
Id say if youre not planning on w/cing it (in which youd need its bigger brother the v1200b ( you can do it with yours, just a question of what can you jettison and what can you block)
Cut a blow hole or two, slap in some 120's. Get er powdercoated in the color you like, those things have been my favorite cases since the day i became a computer enthusiast, sure i admire corsairs line up and theyre features namely the cable management, hotswap, and 320mm rad suppourt, and their looks. I admire the cosmos S for its handles and again the 320mm top mount rad, but the V 1k series holds a special place in my heart.

Loving that V1020, it would be a great case to go for if I ever go back to a full tower case. Gotta love that it has better HDD cooling that should have been in say the Black Pearl or its Lian Li equivalent and the removable motherboard tray (though I'm used to not having one). Would totally get the red with black internals although the red in the picture looks like dark pink.

And holy, that V2120 is HUGE. Makes that 5970? look tiny.

Loving that V1020, it would be a great case to go for if I ever go back to a full tower case. Gotta love that it has better HDD cooling that should have been in say the Black Pearl or its Lian Li equivalent and the removable motherboard tray (though I'm used to not having one). Would totally get the red with black internals although the red in the picture looks like dark pink.

And holy, that V2120 is HUGE. Makes that 5970? look tiny.

yeah...looks awesome

I had a v1000 and absolutely loved it. However, I wanted to make a silent, understated computer and went with an Antec p182 which (I snagged for an unbelievable $50 :D) and I honestly think it will be a long, long time before I change cases. Cable management is easy, it's big enough to fit most anything, and has some great cooling features. I've since changed some things around, but here is my rig all nice and tidy even with 5 HDDs:

img0122pf3.jpg

Wonder when the V1020 will be available? In black of course!

Too bad about the 140mm fans though. Wouldn't be an issue if the made the Gentle Typhoons in 140mm. Have to find a new favorite fan I guess....

Received the case a day ago, and what a pain the oldest revision were! EVERYTHING is riveted in, and the rear fan grill is restrictive as hell.

Nothing a dremel and drill cant fix though...

Back