Where to get Longhorn?

it's called VISTA now and wont be ready until 2nd half of 2006

Longhorn = Alpha stages
Longhorn changed to Vista= Beta Stages and Final designed Product

Longhorn was only given out to Code Developers and product testers, it is not for sale.

Windows Vista Schedule
Longhorn Developer Preview (pre-beta)
April 2005 (delivered at WinHEC 2005, see my review). Available to WinHEC 2005 attendees, MSDN subscribers, private beta testers only.

Windows Vista Beta 1
July 2005 (delivered, see my review). Available to MSDN and TechNet subscribers, private beta testers only.

Windows Vista Developer Preview 2
September 2005 (delivered at PDC 2005). Available to PDC 2005 attendees, MSDN subscribers, private beta testers only.

Windows Vista Beta 2
November 2005 (could slip to early 2006). Public availability. Microsoft is looking into delivering weekly builds to the public after Beta 2.

Windows Vista Release Candidate 0 (RC0)
February 2006. Public availability.

Windows Vista Release Candidate 1 (RC1)
April 2006. Public availability.

Windows Vista Release to Manufacturing (RTM)
June, 2006.

Windows Vista Launch (widespread public availability)
October 2006.

Windows Vista Release Candidate 1 (RC1)
April 2006. Public availability.

what exatly does it mean by public availability,

i doubt it, but does it mean ANYONE can download it?

Well I know this guy, that used his friend's disk, he just happened to get it from a beta tester. :D Hmm?

MajorDomo said:
Windows Vista Beta 2
November 2005 (could slip to early 2006). Public availability. Microsoft is looking into delivering weekly builds to the public after Beta 2.
I believe that Beta 2 has been pushed to sometime in 2006, although I don't recall the actual time frame now. I'm not sure if that pushes back the other dates or not.

Yet another thread that reminds us all that very few people bother researching anything on their own anymore. :rolleyes:

Longhorn isnt out yet, but if your looking for 64bit os, then windows xp 64bit is pout now. you can get it from loadsa places.

thanks

Back