Where to get good deal on R4?

NeoGohan

2[H]4U
Hi, I'm looking to buy one. NXPgame.com had it for $39 around xmas time, now it's at $45. Was just wondering if anyone had any links to good deals on one. Thank you.

R4? Judging by the lack of replies I don't think I'm the only one who has no idea wtf you're talking about.;)

r4ds noob...

I bought mine from dealextreme for under 40 shipped

Copy & Pasted from dealextreme "The Reason You Cannot Buy R4 Now and Solution

We are now decide to hold all R4 sales all together due to the all in a sudden supply shortage.

This shortage came quite suddenly because we receives 1 to 2 shipments from the R4 team each week and it was only after 2 missed shipments that we were officially told it's in shortage (after inquiries).

"

I bought my all Flash 3in1 from realhotstuff and it all went well.

Best place to find and pick them up is in Hong Kong... apparently that's where the supply shortage went. Wasn't a game store carrying a DS that didn't have the R4 in stock. That would explain the lack of online stock for the world. They all stocked up before x-mas.

I ordered mine volumerate in early december and just got it and it was worth the wait, its awesome. Not sure what the contributes to this thread...hmm don't order from volumerate i guess?

Go to slickdeals.net -> forums -> search for R4.

There is a big thread containing prices and reputable dealers and experiences. Very informative.

Personally, I like http://realhotstuff.com/

They charge $40 for the R4 with about $4 or $5 shipping and it'll get to you in 3 days (if they're in stock).

I just ordered mine from this place. USPS got it to me in 2 days over the weekend.

Plus, I had a problem with my original order. Completely my fault, I had an R4 and the R4+EV Flash 3-in-1 in my cart when i ordered. Opened up a support ticket and had the ordered canceled within 5 minutes at about 10:30 p.m. Then proceeded to place my order for just an R4.

Pretty good service if you ask me.

Hope you didn't order a clone which have a high chance of blowing the DS's internal fuse!

Also the authentic R4's haven't been produced for months now along with no firmware updates.

R4 isn't the only homebrew solution, and isn't the best... it's just the most well known. Check out the M3 Real (with Sakura translated firmware) or the DSTT

R4 isn't the only homebrew solution, and isn't the best... it's just the most well known. Check out the M3 Real (with Sakura translated firmware) or the DSTT

Yeah, funny how that works out. The R4 is basically a 1:1 clone of the 'M3 simply'. they even use the same firmware!

Back