Where to get cat 5/6 cable? decent shipping prices?

tonyyy

Limp Gawd
Hi

Was wondering if anyone knows a good place to buy network cable from with decent shipping pricing?

Thanks

We get our stuff from PI Manufacture
http://www.pimfg.com/

Out of curiosity... why? Do you get special prices other than what's listed on their page? My last order of 5 boxes of Cat5e at Monoprice cost me $338.37 shipped. At PImfg, it would be around $492.09 using estimated shipping. I can't see even reseller pricing dropping that a full $150+?

Isn't monoprice the place that just had a bunch of customer's cc info stolen?

Yep. But they handled it well and won't lose my business because of it. Even almighty Newegg has had security breaches in the past. It's bound to happen at some point.

I don't base my decision on whether or not to deal with a retailer based on a hack in, I base it off how they handle the incident. This changes slightly when multiple incidents occur, of course, but you get my point.

Yep. But they handled it well and won't lose my business because of it. Even almighty Newegg has had security breaches in the past. It's bound to happen at some point.

I don't base my decision on whether or not to deal with a retailer based on a hack in, I base it off how they handle the incident. This changes slightly when multiple incidents occur, of course, but you get my point.

Sure, just something to be careful of. Use a disposable card, paypal, etc.

Out of curiosity... why? Do you get special prices other than what's listed on their page? My last order of 5 boxes of Cat5e at Monoprice cost me $338.37 shipped. At PImfg, it would be around $492.09 using estimated shipping. I can't see even reseller pricing dropping that a full $150+?

They've been VERY good over many years, we do pay less than the MSRP you see on their site. Yes some things at mono..many things even..may be cheaper. But we've had a great experience with PIM, the cables we get from them are higher than average quality, higher MHz, quality ends on them. We don't go for "cheapest".

Thanks! Looks pretty good for Hawaii...

$8.00 to ship via usps for a 100FT cat6 cable

o$45.00 to ship via ups 2nd day for a 1000FT cat6 box.

Best I seen so far to Hawaii! LOL

shipping isn't that great from provantage double what monoprice is charging. thanks

I was unaware of the existence of cat6. Im pretty sure my network is all cat5 but with prices this low....why not. :eek:

They have all kinds of cool shit there! The mounts look really reasonable too. I can almost justify spending 500 bucks on 2 more monitors and an adapter for eyefinity if the mounts are only 7 bucks each! Almost. :mad:

When I buy cable it's for a job so I can't wait around for the box to show up. I go to one of many distributors locally and can get anything I need.

By the time you add in shipping, monoprice is the same as Home Depot for bulk cable, at least for me

I buy all my patches etc from Monorice

The only thing I can input here is make sure the Cat 5e or even 6 is good quality. I know there is some junk still floating around on the market. The stuff I use is Cat 5E 24 awg 100% copper not strand or clad. I use it for Telephony and Data up to 1 Gb. I know 5e is on the borderline of being used for 1Gb service but I have not run into any trouble running a gigabit network over it. From my experience the stranded type wire seems to have more issues over time when it comes to voice service. I have seen poor data service as well.

While I was at the blue or orange home improvement stores, I did notice a box was around $70 for 1000 feet. Unless this is a long term planning project, I agree with the others who said. I purchase at the time of need. Other wise, I would definitely shop around especially if you need certain colors for different needs. I have been in offices in which Data was blue and Voice was green alarm lines were Red.

Cheapest place I got a new box of Cat 5e was from my neighbor. It was free! He had extra in his truck and asked if I wanted it. I said sure.

Mine was one of the credit cards that got stolen monoprice sent me some 1 year membership to those companies that monitor if anyone tries to setup credit cards or stuff in your name. I still shop at monoprice, I just pay with paypal now. Although I had to return something and they gave me a refund but it was on the credit card that got stolen from them and canceled. I emailed them to ask them how I will get the refund since the card was canceled, I sent 3 emails never received a response, I don't know if the credit card company just took it off the reissued card or if I never actually got the refund.

Mine was one of the credit cards that got stolen monoprice sent me some 1 year membership to those companies that monitor if anyone tries to setup credit cards or stuff in your name. I still shop at monoprice, I just pay with paypal now. Although I had to return something and they gave me a refund but it was on the credit card that got stolen from them and canceled. I emailed them to ask them how I will get the refund since the card was canceled, I sent 3 emails never received a response, I don't know if the credit card company just took it off the reissued card or if I never actually got the refund.

its kinda funny.. i bet that their business is hurt in the short term, but it actually raised more awareness about their site. no publicity is bad publicity.. or something like that

I was unaware of the existence of cat6. Im pretty sure my network is all cat5 but with prices this low....why not. :eek:

Really? I'm kinda suprised, I just got to play with some Cat7 cable because one of my colleagues got a 6ft one. I prefer Cat6 in my home setup just because it feels beefier and less likely to break when I inevitably trip over it sometime.

From my experience the stranded type wire seems to have more issues over time when it comes to voice service. I have seen poor data service as well.

? Stranded isn't meant to be used for "in the wall" runs, only for patch cables from the jack to the device or from patch panel to switch. Even still, it's usually better to just buy patch cables than to make them.

Monoprice for me... no worries about CC theft, i have terms account with them :) and nice pricing... i get the 4th pricing plan on whatever i buy

Back