Where to get cable ducts in Canada

Red Squirrel

[H]F Junkie
Looking to redo my sever room soon which will include adding walls around the racks, power outlets, and cable organizer ducts, like these:

images

Anywhere in Canada that sells these online?

Worse case scenario I'm wondering how easy I could make my own using PVC pipe and properly rigged sawzall to make uniform cuts.

What you are looking for is referred to as fingerduct in my industry. It's anywhere from $2 to $10 / ft depending on size. Check out electrical suppliers in your area.

Usually called Panduit at least thats what i know it as.. and ya its not cheap at all..

What city you in?

Anixter/Nedco/TriEd etc should all have it but not all do cash sales...

We have a few customers who use cable organizers like that and they came from Anixter.

Usually called Panduit at least thats what i know it as.. and ya its not cheap at all..

What city you in?

Anixter/Nedco/TriEd etc should all have it but not all do cash sales...

Timmins. Nedco sounds familiar... I think we might have that here. There's also Dixon Electric now that I think about it. Maybe I'll have to try them.

Anixter looks interesting too. Lots of cool stuff. Too bad they don't list prices though. I hate blind shopping. Seems lot of sites do that now.

Yeah the price on it is not nice.. the product is nice though.. Anixter i think you need an account at to shop.. but you might be able to buy through work or something if they have an account and then get a discount..

I can get those at Home Depot (no Lowes here), I meant the ones like I posted, which I did not know till now are called fingerducts.

Just found this site too:

http://canada.newark.com/panduit/f1x2lg6n/panduct-type-f-narrow-finger-slotted/dp/19K4263

They definitely are more expensive than I thought though. I will check at Dixon Electric locally as well. Worse case think I'll just fabricate something.

If you're willing/allowed to fabricate something on your own, a series of J-Hooks mounted every 16" would probably work quite well. I know there are ones made specifically for cable, but if you need something with a larger capacity I imagine ladder hangars would work.

Yeah the price on it is not nice.. the product is nice though.. Anixter i think you need an account at to shop.. but you might be able to buy through work or something if they have an account and then get a discount..

What's involved in getting an account? I can't seem to find anything to sign up. Or is it one of those things where you have to be a distributor?

I think I may end up going with this site though: http://canada.newark.com/panduit/f1x2lg6n/panduct-type-f-narrow-finger-slotted/dp/19K4263

I need 14 feet worth so that would be a bit over 100 bucks which is not too too bad. That or I may make something myself but premade is probably going to be better than what I could make.

Anixter not sure what you need to get an account...

Nedco if you have one will do cash sales..

Or ask friends/relatives if you can use their account.. its kind of stupid anyway.. they don't check ID or anything.. you just say your with Blah.. and then they look up the price based on the account..

Can you buy from Automation Direct? That stuff is used by the mile in industrial control panels.

I've bought from there before, smaller stuff like DIN rails/connectors. Seems their prices are pretty decent. Though I'm just wondering if I'll get raped with customs for something as big as cable ducts. Though the last few times I ordered stuff there the customs were not too bad.

Looks like we have Wesco and Nedco here actually. Checking those out right now and we even have local branches. Now that I can easily access this stuff it's tempting to go all out with proper cable trays and everything. :p

Back