Where to get an ULTRA or GT

Emret

Limp Gawd
So i decided to get one.. i tried the compusa deal but I doubt it'll happen

Who has these cards in stock ?

The GT's truly do rock. I have the BFG 6800 GT OC and I love this card. Runs FarCry and UT2004 with everything totally cranked like butter. I love the card and I'm very happy with my purchase.

Best Buy is claiming to get their shipments of the BFG 6800 GTs on the 6th.

bOOst for this pathetic topic. Anyone hear anything about where to get one now? I'm up for it! Ultra's only.

oozish said:
bOOst for this pathetic topic. Anyone hear anything about where to get one now? I'm up for it! Ultra's only.

Why buy an Ultra? My eVGA 6800GT is already running over Ultra speeds...and for alot less money...straight out of the box I ran it at Ultra speeds (400/1100) and I am testing at 415/1150 right now...

TheRapture said:
Why buy an Ultra? My eVGA 6800GT is already running over Ultra speeds...and for alot less money...straight out of the box I ran it at Ultra speeds (400/1100) and I am testing at 415/1150 right now...

Because no one can guarantee that the GT will run at those speeds. Not to mention that a card rated as an ultra may last longer than a GT overclocked to or past Ultra speeds.

Don't forget that the Ultra overclocks too. It's likely that you can get just as high an overclock out of the Ultra if not higher than your GT. Back in the Ti4200 days you could get some Ti4200's to run at 4600 speeds, but not all.

People who are cheap and don't want to spend money on the more expensive part may take the risk of overclocking it rather than getting the higher performing part. But those of us who can afford it are never sorry for getting the higher performing part.

Many who buy the lower cost part however are dissapointed with thier results, and wish they bought the higher end part.

Point is one is definatley and Ultra and the other might be. If you think the Ultra is worth the extra $100 then buy one.

Understood Fragsalot, but I don't think I have read or heard of an eVGA 6800GT that wouldn't run at Ultra speeds.... :D These things are nice...I had no intention of flaming, don't get too worked up :p

Sir-Fragalot said:
Many who buy the lower cost part however are dissapointed with thier results, and wish they bought the higher end part.

I dont agree with that. Most people on this and a dozen other forums are flippin' wayy happy with their $399 6800GT's. There is a mile long thread on NVnews for those clocking well past Ultra speeds. The odds are very high it will OC. my eVga is @ 425/1150 rock solid, and temps are similar to those posting their Ultra temps. I have an efficient cooling setup.

Can you run an ultra in a SFF? with a 220W PS? and have almost identical speeds? The 6800GT is good stuff. Almost too good compared to the ultra @ $100 more expensive.

i'm going to be getting the 6800 u because of the dual dvi =) if the gt came with dual dvi, i would go with that instead

Sir-Fragalot said:
Because no one can guarantee that the GT will run at those speeds. Not to mention that a card rated as an ultra may last longer than a GT overclocked to or past Ultra speeds.

I havn't heard of hardly anyone that hasn't been able to clock their GT to Ultra speeds and higher.

"Has anyone NOT gotten their GT to run @ Ultra speeds? ( 400/1100 )"

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=31513

gizo said:
i'm going to be getting the 6800 u because of the dual dvi =) if the gt came with dual dvi, i would go with that instead

There are suppost to be some GT's coming out that support dual DVI.

burningrave101 said:
IThere are suppost to be some GT's coming out that support dual DVI.

I've heard about it as well, but haven't seen any concrete pictures of one.. so i'm going to get the ultra.

Many people want Ultra's because of the better quailty RAM which equates to a higher memory overclock. Not to mention the core's themselves are higher quailty, at least on the Extreme Edition. They default at 460MHz core. You could probably hit 500MHz on those.

To me, thats worth the extra $150 (~$550)

Some people are going to fail to get the GT to overclock. Thus some may be dissapointed. I am sure it has and will happen. That's all I was saying. Secondly since the card wasn't sold as an UItra it is not guaranteed to run at those speeds. $100 more buys you those speeds for sure.

All valid points and that why I chose eVGA . I can and have clocked my GT at Ultra speeds however I do covet the dual dvi and greater clocking potential of the Ultra E, therefore I registered for the step up program. I will have my Ultra as soon as one is avaialbe for me and they will give me the my purchase price for the GT towards it. Its like getting a loaner card while I wait.

I too am looking for a place where I can get an Ultra sooner. Right now I have a BFG 6800 U OC pre-ordered from GameVe.com but they say their not shipping till the 26th and the wait is killer.

Back