Where to find an update that appears in wushowhide but not in device manager?

Wushowhide is showing me an update "Intel driver update for Intel(R) Xeon(R) processor E3 - 1200 3/4th Gen Core processor DRAM Controller - 0C00" that I can't find in device manager. I've found and manually updated all the other ones, including the Intel tuning utility and watchdog timer which were hidden and under "Motherboard resources". Any ideas? I've unhidden all devices and nothing hidden or otherwise seems to be it, and I even tried installing the newest inf update from Intel. My rig is an MSI Z87 with Win 10 Pro and I've disabled auto hardware updates. I've said this on here before, but Win 10 updating is a total mess, so confusing.

Not to worry, I just found a fix. Ran the INF update again with the switch "- overall" and it updated it. Strange, but it worked.

Oh nice, thanks! I've been trying to find how to update to Watchdog Timer that I see on there. I never through to view hidden devices.

For the DRAM one, Intel just released 10.1.1.14 chipset installation utility which also takes care of that. But yeah, in the past I just went into System Devices and checked driver updates on everything until they were all gone from that utility.

I don't know why it has drivers listed but doesn't install them.

The 10.1.1.14 is the one I used, but it didn't work unless I used the -overall switch. So annoying!

Back