Where to buy P67 board right now

c_porter

Weaksauce
Does anyone know of a store that will sell me a P67 board right now? I'm looking for a P8P67 Pro or higher or an ASRock Extreme 4. I don't care about the SATA issue and am willing to void any RMA rights over it if that's possible.

I really, really need to get this machine built and can't find a board currently. :)

Thanks for your help.

Nope. I'd just hold out for new stock to arrive. What could be so important that you would actually build a machine with a known defect just to have it now? I mean crap, I thought I was impatient.

The defect doesn't affect me so I don't care about it, but to answer your question I need an increase in available computing power for timely turnaround in fine element analysis work. As you might imagine, customers don't care about motherboard recalls, they care about results - so having this machine now is important to me.

But, it looks like I'm out of luck anyway.

Does anyone know of a store that will sell me a P67 board right now? I'm looking for a P8P67 Pro or higher or an ASRock Extreme 4. I don't care about the SATA issue and am willing to void any RMA rights over it if that's possible.

I really, really need to get this machine built and can't find a board currently. :)

Thanks for your help.

I was in the same boat (well still am as due to UPS my mobo has yet to arrive, but it's close!) and scoured the net trying to find a micro P67 (asus p8p67-M Pro to be exact) - I basically ordered from a ton of places just on the off chance one would actually ship out (this was literally the day of the recall announcement). I tried E-bay, amazon auctions, etc.

Just keep looking!

Does this forum have a WTB section? There might be someone who has one that is willing to sell it. Several have report the need for more ports than what the SATA 3 can handle.

Awesome, I found one. Paid out the nose for it but, for me anyway, it'll pay itself off shortly.

The defect doesn't affect me so I don't care about it, but to answer your question I need an increase in available computing power for timely turnaround in fine element analysis work. As you might imagine, customers don't care about motherboard recalls, they care about results - so having this machine now is important to me.

But, it looks like I'm out of luck anyway.

If you want something that works so you can get work done I would avoid the asus board. Look around at how many people are having different problems with that board. Seriously it feels like half the threads in the Intel motherboard forums are just people having problems with their new Asus P67 board.

Last edited:
3btech shipped one to me a day or two ago. I put in comments that I knew about defect and didn't care. Ordered an asus because of their RMA policy. This would be my second sandy build, my non overclocking one for the bedroom since I just got my i5 2400 unopened in the mail today which I got on the bay for $139.99 shipped. Both with asus board. Why not, since they have good customer service.

You can try Amazon, I ordered MSI p67a-gd65 there last Friday. Should be arriving today if the UPS guy doesn't fail me. Although 2 hours to go, doesn't look good, lol...

non-US area, I went to local store a few days ago. Gigabyte and Asus boards were still readily available on shelf.

Yes. AQ, I'll PM you the info.

I'd sure appreciate a PM with that info also.

I'm in the same boat as you - I need a new machine for work purposes right now, and the Sandy Bridge improvements would give nice benefit over paying high prices for yesterday's platform.

I don't care about the defect - don't use SATA 3gb, doesn't affect me

It will just bum me out to have to shell out big bucks for last generation i7 because that's all that is available right now. :(

So, if you can share your source, I would appreciate!

My current computer is on its way out and I can't play any games on it anymore due to overheating, and I would also like to find a P8P67 Pro/ASRock Extreme 4 at ATX size so I don't have to wait several months before being able to play anything again. Like some of the others here, I have no use for more than two hard drives in my gaming system so the SATA 3gps problem won't affect me. If anyone knows of a location still selling I would appreciate a PM as well.

good luck finding one... if you were looking last week/earlier this week, you would have found some on Amazon... but not anymore

Puget Systems has 15 P8P67-M Pro's in stock. I contacted them to ask if they were in stock and able to ship and they responded positively:

Yes...we have it in stock. 15 of them. The stock level on our website is real time.

Thanks,

Wilson Chau
Puget Systems
------------------------------------
http://www.pugetsystems.com
[email protected]
(888) 784-3872 x6013

http://www.pugetsystems.com/store/item.php?cat=Motherboard&id=7439&com=d41d8cd9

Here are their other boards, not much else for SB though, just an H67 by the looks of it: http://www.pugetsystems.com/store/index.php?cat=Motherboard

Take from their blog

"For orders still in progress and orders not yet placed, Puget Systems will continue to ship our PCs only with your permission, with the affected ports disabled. A majority of our customers are not using the affected ports, so our mission turns to one of making sure our customers are informed. We want to continue to provide cutting edge product as best we can, and leave the decision to you! If you would prefer to wait, you can have your order held until the new hardware revision arrives in March. If you have already placed your order, we will be contacting you shortly.

We will post updates to this page as time goes on, so check back here for more information! Please email [email protected] if you have any questions or concerns."

I wonder how that is handled/what they do? I'll assume that's if they build a full rig and nothing would be connected?

Pricey, with shipping: $183.24 - man, only 15 in stock...I wish I knew when my p8p67-m Pro would arrive, don't want to end up with two =D

If anyone is still looking for P67s, I just ordered from Central Computer, located in the bay area. I was originally going to wait it out, but it sounds like boards aren't going to be released until April or May! Guh. Anyway, I'll post a follow-up if they actually ship the board.

Got my Asus P8P67-M Pro today from Puget Systems.

Very excited that I don't have to wait any longer to build this machine!!!

Back