Where to buy in Canada

Hey guys, I was just wondering which places you've had decent experiences with?

For me, I've only ordered hardware/mod stuff from two sites.

www.ncix.com and www.bigfootcomputers.com

Both are great. NCIX is in Vancouver, BC and Bigfoot is in Ontario.

I live in BC, but oddly enough, Bigfoot ships to me faster (due to volume, I guess).

I also know about Anitec.ca. They look like crap though... I don't think you can find anyone there who speaks english very well. Anyone had experience with these guys?

Who else have you bought from? What is your opinion on them?

- Abd

ncix.com - slow, say things are in stock when they aren't, customer support is weak sometimes

vibecomputers.com - amazing service, super fast, customer support answered on the second ring

Whoa, Vibe Computers looks quite nice. I think I might order my ram from them instead... says availabile within 24 hours, and that's better than the 2-5 days I have from NCIX. Let's hope they let me cancel that order.

I've been weary of ordering from Tiger Direct. I don't know what it is about them, but something really bothers me. The whole "buy it now for $200 with a $199 rebate" deal really disturbs me.

i've ordered plenty of things from tigerdirect with no problems. they are my second stop after newegg when i'm on the search for something particular...

Ah yes, A-Power. I ordered a full system from them for my friend. Not bad, they put together a pretty decent cheap system. They also have the "not too many of them speak english" issue, but I could handle it.

Great links guys.

i made a order wiht ncix before. i had to call support and they wern't the friendlyest. not saying there realy bad, but i've had many seamless transactions with tigerdirect (even though they seem to have a bad reputation everywhere).

i've never ordered from these guys, but they seem good: http://vibecomputers.com

being canadian is hard. i want newegg :confused:

I emailed TigerDirect because their FAQ says that they ship from Illinois! Screw that, I'm not paying any customs fees.

Hopefully they'll get back to me and let me know...

I ordered 1GB Corsair TWINX 3200 C2 from Vibe. Hope it all goes well! They'll ship it tomorow morning; I ordered it yesterday.

Not too bad... wish they could ship 1 day after ordering though.

Still no response from TigerDirect, but that's fine.

I did, however, find a very interesting difference between Vibe Computers and TigerDirect.

I looked at ordering a Sapphire 9800 Pro Lite Retail package for $321.99 CDN. I pricematched the TigerDirect price (321) on Vibe Computers and planned to order from Vibe. But when I saw the total, I was a little shocked.

Here's what I've found out from the two sites:

Vibe Computers
Sub-Total: $321.99
Shipping: $15.65
Insurance: $6.28
GST: $24.07
PST: $25.79
ORDER TOTAL: $393.78

Looks like Vibe adds tax AFTER shipping and insurance.

Now here's TigerDirect,

TigerDirect
Order Details:
Product Total $321.99
PST / GST / HST $23.51
Shipping & Handling $13.93
Order Total $359.43

Difference: $34.35 for a product that started at the same price!

Note: They were both set to ship to the same place. I'm not sure if TigerDirect included insurance, and Vibe's shipping is a bit more expensive (and faster), but look at the difference in taxes!

I'm really stuck here. I want to order from Vibe, but 35 bucks is a lot to me, cause I'm a poor bastard.

Originally posted by angrybusdriver
I emailed TigerDirect because their FAQ says that they ship from Illinois! Screw that, I'm not paying any customs fees.

Hopefully they'll get back to me and let me know...

I ordered 1GB Corsair TWINX 3200 C2 from Vibe. Hope it all goes well! They'll ship it tomorow morning; I ordered it yesterday.

Not too bad... wish they could ship 1 day after ordering though.

of my two orders from tiger i paid no customs fees, even though they did ship from illinois. maybe it was covered by the free shipping

Originally posted by angrybusdriver
TigerDirect
Order Details:
Product Total $321.99
PST / GST / HST $23.51
Shipping & Handling $13.93
Order Total $359.43

tiger direct is charging for shipping? it seems that they give free shipping on everything as long as its not 50 lbs like the logitech z680s. they charge shipping for those i think. lol

@ angrybusdriver

Toss an email to vibe, usually you'll get a reply within the day (on weekdays) and at least get an explanation at the fees. Good luck, am impressed with them in all my dealings.

You said you live in BC... if you're anywhere near Vancouver, these two places have the best prices and service: ATIC and NewType, respectively.

ATIC's customer service is non-existant, but their return policy is great. Paul at NewType is one of the nicest guys I know.

Anitec is full of crap, I really hate those guys.

Ordered twice from www.ncix.com. Second time it took them 2 weeks to send out but it was over the christmas holidays and they upgraded my order from 9600 PRO to XT. So it wasnt that bad.

you might want to check out these guys too, http://www.atoponline.com there prices are usually a few bucks more but they are very nice to deal with (and 5 mins from my house). I go there over ATIC usually, cause the extra couple bucks means, no drive downtown... and signifigantly better customer service. The guys at ATIC are dicks... the only reason i get anything there is when their prices are way lower. Just started going to ncix, they have prices near to ATIC, and are decent (though not amazing) in the customer service department.

i have ordered so many things from tiger its not even funny
tigerdirect will PAY your customs fee's as stated on the packing slip, you will never pay customes fee's tigerdirect is the m4ximum ownz j00 l33t

Back