Where to buy genuine Dualshock 3?

I have two DS3 controllers from when I bought my PS3 but they are both getting kind of tired, I get random button presses sometimes. I still enjoy GT6 a lot and would like to buy a new one, but everywhere I go the reviews report Chinese knockoffs.

None of the stores keep these in stock anymore, any suggestions?

Unless you're ordering them straight from japan good luck getting a legit one.

The random button presses can be easily fixed by applying more pressure to the back of the ribbon cable there are a ton videos on how to fix it easily. I've fixed 2 controllers that way.

I have two DS3 controllers from when I bought my PS3 but they are both getting kind of tired, I get random button presses sometimes. I still enjoy GT6 a lot and would like to buy a new one, but everywhere I go the reviews report Chinese knockoffs.

Going to be harder and harder to find legit PS3 controller since they probably stop production of them a while ago. You can use PS4 controllers on a PS3 with a update they released a year or so ago.

Last edited:
I had similar issus and was able to resolve by replacing all the buttons and giving all the internals an alcohol bath. while you have the battery off, replacing that is super easy. $15 total and it'll feel and look like new again.

There are a ton of Sony ones on eBay for $25.

OP, I literally just ordered one from eBay not too long ago for the same reason. eBay is the way to go. Just do plenty of research and make sure you don't get a knock-off or something.

Back