Where to buy DELL 30" U3011?

isai95

Limp Gawd
I'm looking for a good deal. A guy had one on Ebay for $999.00 new in the box but I couldn't get it. Any ideas? Thanks.

I can get REV A05 on Ebay for $1,139.95 new in sealed box shipped or the REV A07 for $1,223.44 new in sealed box shipped. Do you guys know what's the difference between the two revisions? Thanks.

Rev 08 is the latest. But Dell doesn't release any info on what the revisions mean. I'm on Rev 05 and all monitors are flawlless.

Best Buy had a price mistake for $850 on this a month or so ago. I wish I had jumped on that sooner:(

With tax it came out to be ~$940

I got my U3011 about a month ago from Amazon for $1030. Rev A07. Loving it!

Got a full PLP setup off of Craigslist yesterday, dell u3011 with two 2007fp for $700. Just goin to use the two 30" I have now and sell the four extra 2007fp's I have sitting here. Keep an eye on Craigslist always deals to be had there, this one along along with the other I got off Craigslist don't come off warranty until the end of 2014!

I never got one, but read about it on slickdeals a few hours to late. Limit was 2, but still at $950 I don't think I've ever seen the price that low.
A friend of mine got one from Ebay brand new in the box for $940.00 a few weeks ago. That means this monitor has a whole sale price for like $500 or so. If it is manufactured in China it must costs just a few peanuts. Also last week I saw one used in Craiglist for $250.00. Did not say the model or REV but it was a Dell 30" monitor. It just said that it was in good working condition. I tried to buy it but it was gone already.

Lucky guy! I almost get mine for $999 brand new shipped from Ebay.
Does this rev A07 run hot?

My bad, I just checked, I paid $1085 for mine at Amazon, not $1030. No, mine doesn't run hot. I can feel heat if I place my hand on top of the monitor becuase of the vents on the backside and heat rises but otherwise I can't tell there's any heat sitting 2-3 ft from it.

A friend of mine got one from Ebay brand new in the box for $940.00 a few weeks ago. That means this monitor has a whole sale price for like $500 or so. If it is manufactured in China it must costs just a few peanuts. Also last week I saw one used in Craiglist for $250.00. Did not say the model or REV but it was a Dell 30" monitor. It just said that it was in good working condition. I tried to buy it but it was gone already.

There was a guy on this board that bought a Dell 3007 last week on Craigslist for about that price. Maybe it was the same one.

Also can't hurt to call Dell directly to see if they can cut you a deal on one. I've seen people post before that they've been able to get Dell to go as low as $1000 if you call them.

How hot does this REV A05 run compared to the older REVS? Thanks.

I have Rev A05, and never owned any other revisions, but I can say Rev A05 seems to put out very little heat. Im touching the top of the monitor now, after its been on 8+ hours and it feels slightly warmer than room temp (Room at 72 deg)

Not very scientific, but there it is

I see a few Dell u3011's on craigslist in my area for $900 new o_O

Last edited:
Finally I got my Dell U3011 Ver A07 on Ebay for $1,125.00 + TAX, free Shipping, about $1,212.19 total bill.
I'm very happy with the monitor. Runs warm not hot, 0 dead pixels, 3 years warranty.

I am wondering the ones on Ebay carry warranty? I am in the market for a 30" 10-bit wide gamut monitor to replace my ancient CRT 20" which has started showing its age. U3011 seems the best deal around since NEC PA301W is too expensive for me. I am wondering if it's worth to wait for U3013 which is supposed to be released in March 2013 (considering it may not be a 10-bit wide gamut monitor like U3011)?

Last edited:
Finally I got my Dell U3011 Ver A07 on Ebay for $1,125.00 + TAX, free Shipping, about $1,212.19 total bill.
I'm very happy with the monitor. Runs warm not hot, 0 dead pixels, 3 years warranty.

Curious about which ebay seller you bought it from?

Got mine on fleabay for £600 ($966) brand new Rev09 in September, saved myself £380.

Newegg has it for $999 today.

Got the email from the egg this morning and finally decided to buy one. I was going to wait till March, but I'm sure there will be few revisions of the new Dell 30" coming out in March so its more like waiting another year for a good 30".

Which monitors should I get for PLP setup to go along with it?

Thx, those are the ones I have in mind, just waiting for a good deal on them to pull the trigger now:D

Back