Where to buy: Custom enclosure for cable modem , router, and/or switch

JPS

2[H]4U
I just picked up an Alix.2C3 embedded board for a monowall/pfSense router build. I also grabbed an enclosure from Netgate to house it - http://♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥/6kcwmm

Now that I have it done, my network area is looking way too messy as I have a Motorola cable modem, the ALIX box, an 8-port switch, Vonage box, and a separate AP box. After looking at the ALIX, I am curious if anyone knows of a vendor who either sells or could fabricate a simialar enclosure that could house the ALIX board, the cable modem board, and possibly the switch board.

I have googled, but I am not sure what I am looking for specifically - anyone have an idea. Right now, I would even settle for a custom enclosure for the cable modem so that I could stack it easier.

Thanks in advance!

check out leviton structured panels. They are pricey but very nice if you own your house.

here is a picture of an example

Structured_panel_1.jpg

check out leviton structured panels. They are pricey but very nice if you own your house.

Nice, but overkill for my application. I am looking for something bordering on a 1U enclusore at best that will allow me tomount two small PCB boards both measuring approxiamtely 5" x 5".

they make smaller versions. but keep in mind there ar ewires associated with it, the leviton allows you to isolate as well as organize. It's just a thought.

they make smaller versions. but keep in mind there ar ewires associated with it, the leviton allows you to isolate as well as organize. It's just a thought.
I like it, but I am not looking to tear down drywall simply to mount a box. Rather, I am looking for something I can place on a shelf, roughly the size of a 1U case or smaller, that would house the motherbaord of the router (ALIX 2c3) and the cable modem motherboard.

This is essentially what I am after: http://www.yawarra.com.au/en-rack.php

The US supplier wants $220.00 though. Plus, the cutouts for the second motherboard would not mathc up with the cable modem. I might have to rethink my needs and go for the ghetto 'declutter' setup instead...

Back