Where to buy a IKEA Jerker Desk?

an Ikea store opens here in Atlanta on the 19th.

What's wrong with having it shipped?

Goat_187 said:
I dont know how they call that "Nation Wide".

Well, it is one each coast, so they do have locations "as wide as the Nation".

they only ship within 75 miles of a store also. Good old ia. Nearest is chitown and thats a lot more then 75 miles from me.

fireburster said:
they only ship within 75 miles of a store also. Good old ia. Nearest is chitown and thats a lot more then 75 miles from me.

i take it the twin cities store isn't any closer?

Be prepared to pay more for shipping than the actual item cost. I tried ordering from ikea online and cancelled it bc of this. I just decided to take a 2 1/2 hr drive to houston instead.

Yeah I ordered one online from Ikea and it took them 3 weeks to even approve the card I used. Lucky for me theres a warehouse 25 minutes from me so I went over and picked one up instead. Great desk though.. by far the best one I've used that I didnt build myself. Can't go wrong with custom ;)

fireburster said:

umm.. tghe last time I bought something from them (1996??), they delivered it and I think they didn't even have the Cali store open then.

yeah the mn store is 4 hours away same as the chicago.

going to the mn store sat though. Hope to get one then.

Goat_187 said:
I dont know how they call that "Nation Wide".
They dident, i did :D:
Ikea Stores Nation Wide = Here is a list of ikea stores across the nation

fireburster said:

too bad i bought a new desk 2 weeks ago, i would have sent some money with ya ;)

Glad I'm in Ontario. We have 6 Ikea stores in this province alone.

I have a Jerker desk and I love it. I recommend getting the simple model with no attachments on top, it has a much larger surface area.

fireburster said:

Just be prepard. The "newness" hasn't worn off here yet and there are still 5 person families that like to stop right in front of you and look at everything and mom's that hit you with their shopping cart because they aren't paying attention. I am not bitter or anything, I just like to go there an hour before they close, so you really can just run in and out. But if you're driving four hours, you might as well enjoy and perhaps go to the Mall of America across the street.

jerker desk?! what, does it have special compartments for lube and tissues?
(sorry, i couldnt help it :( )

Back