Where to buy a 65W Intel gen11 cpu

ZodaEX

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm considering upgrading my gen2 i5 to a gen11 model.
However I'm having a hard time finding one anywhere for the MSRP price.
Does anyone know where I could buy a 65W TDP rocket lake cpu with integrated graphics at retail price?

Last edited:
Take a jetski to microcenter? The higher tdp model sounds good. Better yet, an i7.

It may be worthwhile to check Best Buy, Microcenter or Amazon.

Ebay has the i5 11600 for 257

The i5 10600 is 190 at microcenter, 250 for the 11600k

Last edited:
Any reason you aren’t looking at the superior 10th gen?

11th gen was a step backwards. Or since you are upgrading the entire platform, why not Ryzen Zen 3?

Take a jetski to microcenter? The higher tdp model sounds good. Better yet, an i7.

It may be worthwhile to check Best Buy, Microcenter or Amazon.

Ebay has the i5 11600 for 257

The i5 10600 is 190 at microcenter, 250 for the 11600

Is $257 really MSRP for the 11600? Seems scalpy marked up to me?

Any reason you aren’t looking at the superior 10th gen?

11th gen was a step backwards. Or since you are upgrading the entire platform, why not Ryzen Zen 3?

Yeah, the type of motherboard I need isn't produced anymore for Comet Lake. A H470 with display port out. Only marked up scalpy priced options now and like I said I'm trying to stick with MSRP for financial reasons. I can barely afford to do an upgrade but I'm still on Intel gen2 and my performance in Red Dead 2 is pretty poor because of this.
Intel has CPUs with integrated graphics, but AMD doesn't and I want integrated graphics for several reasons.

A MSRP Intel gen11 65W i5 should be out there somewhere right?

Parasail to microcenter and buy a 11600k for $250. The price your looking for is an imagined number.

Please read my posts my friend! I'm looking for a 65W gen11 CPU. The 11600k is NOT a 65W CPU!

Please read my posts my friend! I'm looking for a 65W gen11 CPU. The 11600k is NOT a 65W CPU!
tdp is an imagined number. A 125w part can run like a 65w part if you would like. There are solutions to your problems, if you feel the need to get a artificially limited chip at a made up price point you may be waiting awhile.

alternatively, go on ebay and pay 257 and you can have it at your door in a week.

tdp is an imagined number. A 125w part can run like a 65w part if you would like. There are solutions to your problems, if you feel the need to get a artificially limited chip at a made up price point you may be waiting awhile.

alternatively, go on ebay and pay 257 and you can have it at your door in a week.

So you don't know where I can buy one at MSRP. That's all I needed to know.

Last edited:
So you don't know where I can buy one at MSRP. That's all I needed to know.
No, he's saying you really CAN'T buy one at MSRP. That chip doesn't really exist at that price. This isn't like it was 8 years ago when your 2400S came out; the entire industry (and the way the parts are designed) has changed. That's also why they pointed out that the 125w TDP chip can act like the 65w one - just turn off boost. As for buying the basic 11600? You need to be in-store to get one of those. Uber/Lyft, find someone to pay to go get it for you, or pay the extra margin people are charging. Sucks, but that's just how it is right now. Or get lucky on NewEgg.

No, he's saying you really CAN'T buy one at MSRP. That chip doesn't really exist at that price. This isn't like it was 8 years ago when your 2400S came out; the entire industry (and the way the parts are designed) has changed. That's also why they pointed out that the 125w TDP chip can act like the 65w one - just turn off boost. As for buying the basic 11600? You need to be in-store to get one of those. Uber/Lyft, find someone to pay to go get it for you, or pay the extra margin people are charging. Sucks, but that's just how it is right now. Or get lucky on NewEgg.

Do you think Newegg will ever restock them again? Or are those already discontinued?

Really it’s a small markup imo, compared to video cards. If I “needed” this chip like you seem to, id pay the extra $20-30 and be done with it.

I'm considering upgrading my gen2 i5 to a gen11 model.
However I'm having a hard time finding one anywhere for the MSRP price.
Does anyone know where I could buy a rocke lake cpu with integrated graphics at retail price?
wheres it say that? oh you mean a few posts down... maybe be clear from the get go, there is no mention of model in op or title.
~265 is retail, is an extra 5 too much for you? https://www.newegg.com/intel-core-i5-11600-core-i5-11th-gen/p/N82E16819118238

11700 and 11600k in stock at staples for about $4 markup

try this coupon code at checkout. its from an email staples sent me:

What is msrp on a 11600?

I still think the 65w i5 11600k at $150 is the way to go.

Are you looking at gaming on this pc? If so you should really look at a GPU as well. Or amds apus.

you need a proper gpu for rdr2 and amd makes apus with better integrated graphics.
Could you link me to a good AMD igpu 65W or under? I'm not opposed to those if they are available.

Really it’s a small markup imo, compared to video cards. If I “needed” this chip like you seem to, id pay the extra $20-30 and be done with it.
It's not a need, it's a want. For Red Dead 2 and Cyberpunk because they max out my CPU on low. Needs are things like food, shelter and sex.

They are out of stock of all the gen11 65W tdp cpus.

Amazon says "soon" for the i7-11700 --- $339. Says "delivered by July 29th".

Its a really good value CPU.

https://www.amazon.com/Intel-i7-11700-Desktop-Processor-LGA1200/dp/B08X6QHYDL
Thanks a lot brother. I'm not sure why my simple question was so challenging for so many other people to answer, but that's exactly what I needed. I bought that thank you.

I’m sure he will remind you, he’s looking specifically for a 11600 non k. That’s a decent price tho on that.
No I never said that. Please read my posts in the thread.

wheres it say that? oh you mean a few posts down... maybe be clear from the get go, there is no mention of model in op or title.
~265 is retail, is an extra 5 too much for you? https://www.newegg.com/intel-core-i5-11600-core-i5-11th-gen/p/N82E16819118238
Right, because the exact model doesn't matter for this question. Only specific specs on the processor that I asked for.

You can restrict the TDP of the 11600k to 60w in the bios.
That is obvious, and has nothing to do with my basic question.

doesnt seem like he knows what msrp is supposed to be though and i cant find a definitive answer, seeing 262-270. the one i posted is 269.
I do, and i've already purchased the CPU I need for more $ than that.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Save yourself a buck and just get an 11400. Cheap and will do the job. Especially if you're coming from a ivy/sandy bridge.

Save yourself a buck and just get an 11400. Cheap and will do the job. Especially if you're coming from a ivy/sandy bridge.

Please read post #8. I have already explained in detail why I don't want to do this.
Read people read please I beg of you.
There are shorter threads on this website if this one is too long for you to read.

is your google broke? cause im not doing anymore leg work when you wont.

I take this to mean that you probably don't know the answer. In that case, just let somebody else who knows answer the question.

Why can't you reduce the TDP of a 11600K to 65W in the BIOS? For that matter, why do you need a 65W chip? As others have pointed out even a 65W part is 125W peak, and most boards will hold that peak indefinitely?

Back