Where to advertise BF3 server?

HDR Shots

n00b
I have this new server based in Los Angeles.I figured it would be a wash with players from the west coast seeing as there are around 50 million people on the west coast including Nevada and Arizona that would see pings under 30-40. I myself see as low as 12. With over 10 million copies sold I did not think my server would go empty so much of the time. One of the issues appears to be EA's match making system which only tries to keep active servers full for a period of time then if the player count falls below a certain amount it will stop matching people. I was told they are working on this. Also the server browser search will only show the most recent 100 servers with or without activity. for me if I search for my server by region and game type it will only show if I make sure to scroll down the server list until every server is loaded in their up to the 100 maximum then click on ping to re sort the list. most people will not do this much to find a server. They most likely do not even notice that all are not loaded and also that you can resort by ping.

The vast majority of computer and gaming forums have their own servers and do not allow you to post your server info. I have my server listed on Gametracker.com but who cares, not many search their either. The server was being filled by overseas people early in the morning then it would go dark. I finally got it active last night after I got 5 of my friends in their and then after about 10 minutes it started to fill up which is crazy long.

It seems like most people have the mindset that they want to get into servers that are full so they sit there and spam the join button.lol I was guilty of that to I admit. They put a stop to that though it looks like. Anyway if anyone knows a good place to list it that would be great. there is no point o having a server if it is empty all the time because of poor match making programming by EA. I know there are a lot of server right now because it is new but I do not think it is enough to support the needs of every single one of the 10 million owners of the game. Maybe I should relocate it to Texas to be more in the middle?

I tried to set it to allow just one person to start the match, then I reset it back to 8 which is the default because some said that if you adjust that number the matching system will not prioritize it. I left it like that for the last 16 hours and it made no difference so I switched it back to allow just 1 person to start the match. Some of my friends like to go in and use it to practice.

I just reset the map rotation to include some rush maps like Damavand Peak and a few others. I just had Conquest large on it before. Maybe this will help. Fell free to PM if you want me to switch the maps or you can get me through the in game chat I have Procon up at work so I can keep an eye on it.

What's the server?

Well your server name could be more appealing ;)

Try: REMUS Hi Def Rush Los Angeles No-Lag

Don't kill me just my opinion.

Server names should be simple and memorable, because the unwashed masses do not use the Favorites list

This isnt:
[LOL]-_-CLAN24/7CASPIAN-HC-FastRespawn

Imagine telling someone in ventrilo that server name :)

I could get rid of the Hi Def part. My friend said that usually catches his eye so I put it in. Remus is my dog, and he likes it.lol I have no idea what else to name it. I do not want some cheesy name like most put. Eg: Hardcore killers, or Seal team 6. I honestly want to write that person and yell at him for using the Seal team 6 name. I think it actually may be against copy write laws. The Navy owns it I think.

Server names should be simple and memorable, because the unwashed masses do not use the Favorites list

This isnt:
[LOL]-_-CLAN24/7CASPIAN-HC-FastRespawn

Imagine telling someone in ventrilo that server name :)

I agree. Call it something simple, yet memorable. Like for example "Pancho's Happy Bottom Riding Club." Or, spice it up with the lie that your server is lag free. Like "Pancho's Happy Bottom Rubber-Banding Free Riding Club"

This isnt the right stuff, and lag comes from people from Europe and China trying to play in a Los Angeles based server. Until Ping kicker is working from EA it is not really possible to keep lag at bay. When people are in there from the US there is no lag that I have noticed or any of my friends. Also EA confirmed that Caspian and Tehran maps are plagued with lag. Not any one servers fault.

I agree. Call it something simple, yet memorable. Like for example "Pancho's Happy Bottom Riding Club." Or, spice it up with the lie that your server is lag free. Like "Pancho's Happy Bottom Rubber-Banding Free Riding Club"

Hello and sorry for my poor English but I am a Swede.If I can i want to invite you to a new server BIMBROWNIAMIX BF3.I added a domain www.bf3.com.pl . I often play at night from 1AM (GTM +1) A European time of 3 AM server is getting empty.Then, in the U.S. is 6 PM because he wanted me to invite you there. Play there already a few players from the U.S. and have quite low pings.You can play with any kind of weapon.Mixed game modes CQ / Rusch / TDM, there are few such sites where there are three game modes together.Ranking players http://www.bimbrowniamix.branspace.com/players.php
, the server is added to PBBans and GGC-stream which provides as fair game.
I invite you to come and play.

Back