Where my WoW-heads?!

I mentioned I like playing paladins and she said pally's were over-powered in wow.

They most certainly are n....wait, yes they are. I only do BG's on mine (dislike arena), but as holy at 3550 resil / ilvl 369, it takes 3, sometimes 4 people (if they can't coordinate interrupts) to bring me down. That makes me one hell of a flag carrier =)

You advance pretty quick (at least the earlier stages) I'm already lvl 21 and I haven't been marathonning. Been running solo the whole time although I did accept a guild invite which had the nice bonus of bonus exp for kills.

There is still a lot of very basic stuff I don't know.

They've made a lot of changes to the leveling process since the original WoW. It used to take quite a long time to get from even 0-60. It was a slow, mostly mind-numbing process because those awesome new abilities you get now at level 10...yeah, those weren't available until at least level 40, if even then. A lot of people had 1 level 60, maybe 2, but anything more than two 60s and maybe a low level BG twink was unheard of.

On multiple occasions, they've increased XP gained from quests, decreased amount of XP required to level, added new abilities or changed existing ones, added/altered quests to make them go faster, buffed some of the gear you get from quest rewards, and if you have other max-level toons, you can also get heirlooms for +xp gained. It's definitely WAY faster than it used to be. I want to think my first character ever was somewhere in the neighborhood of 16-18 days /played from 0-60. My most recent one was a hair under 4 days /played from 0-80.

On your first character, definitely take the time to enjoy leveling and don't just rush past everything. If you get hooked on the game, you'll have plenty of time to powerlevel alts later =)

My most recent one was a hair under 4 days /played from 0-80.

wow. That is faster than a chinese power leveling company.

serious.

They advertise 8-9 days

I made level 26 tonight. Was playing prot pally. Tried tanking a couple dungeon instances and got voted out of the group both times. Veteran players have no tolerance for inexperience.

Switched to ret pally and went in as dps and no problems. I miss being able to throw my shield though.

wow. That is faster than a chinese power leveling company.

serious.

They advertise 8-9 days

They could be talking about calendar days versus my actual /played time. If not, they're doing it very inefficiently...

I made level 26 tonight. Was playing prot pally. Tried tanking a couple dungeon instances and got voted out of the group both times. Veteran players have no tolerance for inexperience.

As a tank it's likely going to be that way. Sadly, at this point in WoW, it's almost expected that most low-level tanks/healers are in heirloom gear and have played the game long enough to know how everything works. It's sad, but for the most part, it's also true.

The WoW community has taken leaps backwards since WotLK was first launched. The LFG tool has made it even worse because it's extremely unlikely you'll ever group with the same people again, and that apparently is a reason for most people to be mean. Back in the day, if you repeateedly were a jerk in groups, you pretty much got shunned on the server, which meant no groups for you.

As a tank it's likely going to be that way. Sadly, at this point in WoW, it's almost expected that most low-level tanks/healers are in heirloom gear and have played the game long enough to know how everything works. It's sad, but for the most part, it's also true.

The WoW community has taken leaps backwards since WotLK was first launched. The LFG tool has made it even worse because it's extremely unlikely you'll ever group with the same people again, and that apparently is a reason for most people to be mean. Back in the day, if you repeateedly were a jerk in groups, you pretty much got shunned on the server, which meant no groups for you.

Totally agree. PUG's suck. I don't PUG at all because it's so bad. What you need to do is get into a decent leveling guild, or get some friends to play with you. I have a group of local friends I play with, plus I'm in a great guild and all my instance runs are with people I know. It makes a HUGE difference to the enjoyment of the game.

Is there an "official" [H]ard guild that is at least somewhat active? I might be tempted to come back and xfer over a toon or level up another one if so...most of my friends or people I used to play with don't play anymore so I just sort of stopped as well but I would play for something to hold me over till BF3 and/or SWTOR.

There used to be; no longer though. A bunch of us played on Stormscale. Eventually we wanted to raid and merged into another guild.

Real-ID: pm for info

Server: Smolderthorn - US

Toons:
Adraedan - 85 Night Elf DK
Patheran - 85 Night Elf Warrior
Déliria - 75 Human Mage
Kaynine - 68 Worgen Warrior
Quintéssence - 32 Human Rogue
Cabella - 21 Worgen Hunter

Guild: Bazaar Rose

Interests: PvP & PvE

Server: Kirin Tor

Toons:
Epinean - 85 Blood Elf Warlock
Alyxandrya - 85 Troll Rogue
Delamort - 84 Blood Elf DK

and numerous other toons

Guild: Angels of Darkness

Interests: End game Raiding, BG's and Achievements

Server: Argent Dawn - Horde - End Game Raiding (PM if you want more info)

LFG while hurtful to the community feeling of vanilla and tbc, I think has overall improved the playing experience for the general population. LFG also tries to match up on server people first before going to the cross server population. Using ignore on cross realms will make it so you won't get groups with them again.

Leveling 1-60 is so much different after cata and is much much faster now between the changes, boas, and guild perks.

Real-ID: this_address_is_fake_honest@hotmail

Server: Burning Blade - EU

Toons: (Alliance)
Eshin - 80 Unholy/Blood Death Knight
Valhelen - 85 Affliction/Demonology Warlock
Vadik - 85 Prot/Holy Paladin
Kinos - 85 Feral(Tank)/Feral(DPS) Druid

Guild: Crusaders of Heaven
Title: Angel of Mercy
Role: Raid Co-ordinator

Interests: Raids/BG/RBG/Arena

I dont think i'll find anyone from my server, but hey its a small world!

Real-ID: PM for info :)

Server: Kilrogg - EU

Toons: Horde
Lifestream - Holy/Disc Priest
tehevil - mutilate rogue

Guild: Iinvective

Interests: Raids and having fun :)

Hi fellow Mannorothian!

Toons:
Heap <Order of Thrones> - Gnome Blood Death Knight
Deque <Order of Thrones> - Gnome Protection Warrior (hasn't seen too much love this expansion)

Hooray for Mannoroth!! And Order of Thrones at that!! Tell Rikronster, Fixall says hi!

Server: Mannoroth
Main: Fixall (Holy Priest, retired)
Guilds: Malevolent/Whatever & Thats What She Said.

As you can see I'm no longer playing WoW, I just wanted to pop in here cause I saw three people from Mannoroth and I was curious if anyone from Manno was hopping ship for The Old Republic. Be nice to see some old faces,

I'm deployed right now (4 months into a 6 month tour) and was wondering a couple things. How is WoW doing with all these new games coming out? And what's up with this Panda expansion? I haven't played since my 10man beat LK on the 10% buff, so I don't have Cata. I have like 3 level 80 chars with all (I think) the leveling heirlooms stashed on 1 server. I have pretty much always played a tank role (MT all through Vanilla, TBC and WotLK). I haven't PvP'd regularily since Vanilla (I had a GM mage). I have done like 4 arena games since they were first released, and I did like 3 BG's a month. I plan on playing the new Counter Strike game for sure, as well as D3. Definitely won't be playing SW:TOR and probably won't play GW2 either. I want my MMORPG fix, so I'm wondering if I should jump back into WoW when I get back or suck it up and play one of the previously mentioned, or go back to Rift (the last MMO I played)?

Btw, I'll be playing on a new $1600 machine. I sent it to my dad so he can have some fun on it while he recovers from heart surgery, and he said Skyrim is running Ultra @ 60FPS :)

Server: Argent Dawn - Horde - End Game Raiding (PM if you want more info)

LFG while hurtful to the community feeling of vanilla and tbc, I think has overall improved the playing experience for the general population. LFG also tries to match up on server people first before going to the cross server population. Using ignore on cross realms will make it so you won't get groups with them again.

Leveling 1-60 is so much different after cata and is much much faster now between the changes, boas, and guild perks.

Now LFG does.. it didnt at first, and was one of the killing blows that caused me to stop playing. As a warlock, 30 minute wait time to que up, and i got kicked 1 boss from end of Heroic ZA, becasue i didnt know this little trick on pulling this patrol and dying and messed it up. The other members didnt even tell me how or what they were going ot do. I put in a ticket, only my second one in 3 years, and explained what happend. Blizzard did nothing, especially considering i probably done those two dungeons 30 times. so it became one of the reasons, why i voted somewhere else with my dollar and time after 3 years. I think the big thing is i needed a change. Ill probably come half way through panda expansion.

When they released cata, they revamped the 1-60 areas to flow better like the new 80-85 zones. It makes leveling a heck of a lot faster and funner.
Remember there is two games in WoW. The leveling game, then the end game.

Server: Twisted Nether (US)
85 Horde forsaken lock named Ziredheonna
85 Blood Elf Death Knight Named Atreyuish
85 Tauren Druid named Lookitsacow
85 Worgen Lock Zired
67 Troll Priest named Jinnytiull
60 Blood elf pally named Fauxchic
14 Orc Hunter named Motorhead (going to get a pig and name it Lemmy!)
A few other classes under 20 cant rememeber

Server: Blade's Edge - US

Toons:
Ffej - 85 Blood Elf Paladin
Eminik - 81 Undead Warlock
Memphrica - 45 Blood Elf Priest
Daof - 23 Gnome Mage
Foad - 80 Blood Elf Death Knight
Helloween - 21 Blood Elf Mage
Charlatt - 26 Worgen Druid
Ruzzix - 13 Goblin Hunter

Guild: Strength Through Numbers

I haven't played in about five months, but I do occasionally think about coming back from time to time.

Server: Kil'Jedaen Horde
KeyofAwesome-85
Zatana-85
Bangingdiva-84 3/4 to 85
Bluestreak-71
Noky-63

QUIT WOW FOR SWTOR!

I think i've already posted but I'm going to post again

Horde - Nathrezim - Legion of the Half Moon Grim
85 resto/ele shaman - Urudar

and a handful of 85 undergeared alts.

Mostly PVP but I have solid healing PVE gear

We should do an [H] BG or raid or something. We have enough people and you can cross realm it now. PM me if you're interested and I'll send out my RealID

Cross realm old raids and BGs are up for realID friends...any achv junkies out there looking for the ICC mount?

Back