Where is the Micro Fly?

Solar

Limp Gawd
Besides Tiger Direct is the Ultra's Micro Fly available anywhere else online? I'd love to order a windowless version of this badboy without a power supply. I spoke with Tiger Direct over the phone and they weren't too helpful on the matter, essentialy sying what they have is what they got. Is it a bit early to be expecting retailers to carry the case or am I just not looking hard enough?

I got mine in today. I ordered directly from www.ultraproducts.com

EDIT: The PSU seems rock-solid so far. Running Opty 146 and 7600GT with no problems.

EDIT #2: The front audio headers are switched. The mic port thinks it is the headphone port and vice versa :eek: And finally, it generates a high-pitch whine. Bad job on the front audio, Ultra...

haha my audio is fine on my too...maybe a bad unit?

Contact Ultra and they should send you another one

Nah, I am not willing to wait on it. The front looks better without the connectorsplugged into my headset anyways :D

I must say that I'm glad I've waited, but do you think there will be another revision to the front of the case, specifically one without a handle, the talk has been around for quite some time but I'd love to see it come true

synaps3 said:
The front audio headers are switched. The mic port thinks it is the headphone port and vice versa :eek: And finally, it generates a high-pitch whine. Bad job on the front audio, Ultra...

I talked to someone at the factory about this. He got back to me very quickly.

The way the face plates are made, they have a mold and the icons and ports, etc. are little dies that drop into the mold. Well, this guy on the line apparently put the two dies for the icons in backwards so mic is speaker and speaker is mic.

Apparently, Chinese workers are a lot like American workers. Like the worker that lost a severed finger in the frozen custard, he didn't say anything when he realized it was wrong. He just casually switched the blocks to the correct position and continued making the bezels.

Now that they're aware of the problem, they're willing to ship out replacement bezels for those that are backwards. No need to RMA the whole case. Drop me a PM if you want the hook up.

And don't worry about the factory worker. They might have thrown him in prison, but at least the organs they harvested from his body are saving other people's lives.

jonnyGURU said:
And don't worry about the factory worker. They might have thrown him in prison, but at least the organs they harvested from his body are saving other people's lives.
LOL! Ahaha, that was great man.

lol :D jonny I have a question, all bias aside (as much as you can remove without getting fired ;)), the V-Series power supplies, are they solid enough to be using with the case? I've heard that I should stay away from Aspire's stock unit so I'm wondering if I should do the same with Ultra's. It doesn't have active PFC and I'm a bit leaey of that, is active PFC really worth it?

Solar said:
lol :D jonny I have a question, all bias aside (as much as you can remove without getting fired ;)), the V-Series power supplies, are they solid enough to be using with the case? I've heard that I should stay away from Aspire's stock unit so I'm wondering if I should do the same with Ultra's. It doesn't have active PFC and I'm a bit leaey of that, is active PFC really worth it?

Do you live in Europe? If not, why do you need active PFC? You're paying for KWH not KVA.

I won't comment on the Aspire (not here at least) but the V-Series 400W actually puts out 400W. That said, remember that the "V" stands for "Value." The efficiency isn't that great and the rails look a little messy on the O-scope under load. But you could do a HELL of a lot worse.

Here's a good V-Series review that would be completely unbiased: http://techgage.com/review.php?id=4409

Actually... I think he was probably nicer to the product then I was in my review. :D

Oh... and I got another email from the factory. They made a special cable for the mixed up audio jacks so the whole bezel doesn't have to be replaced. :D

The Ultra Products page says it's $80 for the no PSU model, but at checkout it's $69.99 with free ground shipping. ****ing sweet. ^_^

Ultra is always awesome, from my experience.

JonnyGuru, thanks for the info. I am glad to know it wasn't a massive defect, but only a stupid mistake. I won't need a replacement bezel, it is no big deal :D

Ultra says they are looking into a new bezel...I wouldn't hold your breath but it is nice to see they are thinking about it :) For those with the Micro Fly, the X2 looks really good in it. I am working on putting together an update at www.sffclub.com that will include some photos of the X2 in action and how to mod the Micro Fly to fit it :).

sounds good, I read up on JonnyGuru's PSU reviews and I have 430w TR2 laying around, I think I'll pop that in and use the V-Power as a backup. I hope I can buy that bezel when/if they release one...

Back