Where is Skyrim screenshot thread?

Hm...I don't know if it helps but I use performance AO mode and there's almost no FPS hit for me :-/

I just tried performance AO and it pretty much halved my FPS. Me thinks I need more VRAM.

Some pictures... all with butterflies!
Morning Aerobics:
TESV_2012_01_10_23_4ss2_30_165.jpg

Pretty Butterfly:
TESV_2012_01_10_23_43_06s_509.jpg

Butterflies Humping:
TESV_2012_01_10_23_43_3s8_096.jpg

Last edited:
how much vram on that gtx 470 (grats by the way!)? I didn't see my fps haved by any means, but i remember going from ~45 to ~30 and it had a devastating effect on mouse lag. That's with a 1gb 460.

how much vram on that gtx 470 (grats by the way!)? I didn't see my fps haved by any means, but i remember going from ~45 to ~30 and it had a devastating effect on mouse lag. That's with a 1gb 460.

1280MB. In some areas the FPS drop wasn't as much, but I am almost positive that some places I was seeing ~25FPS instead of the normal 50. I'll be trying the Lite version of Skyrim HD today and that should help quite a bit in the VRAM department compared to the Full version.

chockomonkey>>>
Thank you for understanding, but I already wrote here why I can't upload 0.99 version.
All screenshots from old version.

FMX>>>
I thought we finished our discussion why I can't upload 0.99, but you still trying to blame me that I PS-ed my pics. It will be just another proof in your immaturity. Choose any pic from this post and I will upload it in original BMP format.
I have deleted my old pics in BMP because I don't need them any more I'm storing them in JPG.
BTW 0.102v was optimized too much to be at the same level of quality as 0.99v in other words it has much worser picture quality.

BETA>>>
For you Big Ass included.

Last edited:
This is my main preset it's almost the same version which I am using while taking my screenshots 0.99v . This pack includes FXAA to balance colors and make nights darker, it's enabled by default you should use it only at night time, turn on and off by "Pause" key, also includes SkyBoost r3 with weather trainer from Alexander Blade you can change weather by "Page Up" "Page Down" keys.
For best image quality you should turn on IL in enbseries,ini this line at the bottom --> "ILAmount=0.0" change it to look like this --> "ILAmount=0.6" it's only for a day time use because IL effect start glowing at night. If someone want to decrease global saturation open "enbeffect.fx" find this line "float EColorSaturationV2=1.6;" 44-line in //v2 section and adjust it. You can also adjust "FXAA injector" for night times for your liking, make it darker/brighter and so on.
I also added my Skyrim performance ini's without "uGrids" adjustment, you only need to write your own monitor resolution in "SkyrimPrefs.ini" and thats it.
Here is the link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?yjr7407vr22i9wr
Very Important!!! for Best image quality users with Nvidia cards should turn on 16X Anisotropic Filtering through Control Panel and if you have some powerful cards in SLI turn on SGSSAAx2 with NvidiaInspector , ingame AA needs to be MultiSample=2.

INSTALLATION: Just put all this files(except Skyrim ini's) in to your main game directory with Skyrim.exe .
Skyrim ini's copy/past with replacement in this directory C: User/UserName/ My Documents/My Games/Skyrim.

Last edited:
When I use the mod, the game crashes to my desktop before it even starts. No error or anything. I have done everything according to your instructions, gionight. Is there something I may have missed?

When I use the mod, the game crashes to my desktop before it even starts. No error or anything. I have done everything according to your instructions, gionight. Is there something I may have missed?

Try one of this methods :
Remove all 4 FXAA injector files and try without it. than if it will crash again remove all files except 4 ENB ones --> enbeffect.fx, enbpalette.bmp, enbseries.ini, d3d9.dll , and change this parameter in "enbseries.ini" --> EnableProxyLibrary=true change it to false. This way we isolate cause of your PC crashes . By the way which card do you have ?

edit:
FXAA files: d3d9-FXAA.dll, shader.fx, injFX_Settings.h, injFX_Shaders folder.
It will be better at first decrease SSAO quality it might be enough to gain performance, but it's still will look better than without SSAO at all.
Just copy/past this section instead existing one in your "enbseries.ini"
[SSAO_SSIL]
SamplingQuality=1
SamplingRange=0.6
SizeScale=0.35
SourceTexturesScale=0.35
FilterQuality=1
AOAmount=0.6
ILAmount=0.0

Last edited:
Thank you, I'll try it out. I have the 1Gb Palit GTX280. I do understand that I likely won't be able to run your patch without a significant framerate drop, but I'm still going to try it out. Thanks :)

EDIT: by the way, which 4 files are the FXAA injector files?

Gionight: What settings should be adjusted if one does not want to play with AO on? On some presets I know that authors change a few variables to account for the higher amount of brightness from turning AO off and I am curious if your settings need any such adjustments.

Are you running an incompatible program such as MSI Afterburner?

Last edited:
Gionight: What settings should be adjusted if one does not want to play with AO on?

Are you running an incompatible program such as MSI Afterburner?

Ah...shit, I forgot about that issue. I'm running EVGA Precision and I'm guessing that is causing the problem huh?

Yeah I just verified it, EVGA Precision was definitely the cause. With that said - the game looks great with gionight's patch, but I'm going to need a much better setup in order to run it with a playable framerate @ 1920x1080 :p

Thanks for the help, guys. Gionight - keep up the cool configs :)

dj_2004>>>
I think it will be just fine even without SSAO effect applied, it has Palette texture to balance lack of SSAO darkening.

stop!theradio>>>
Sorry forgot about monitoring programs.

Some pics

Last edited:
I installed skyrim a couple of days ago and have done nothing but mods for the past couple of days (most of the top 100 on skyrimnexus and tweaks from [h] and that nvidia tweak page).
The screenshot below shows what it currently looks like and I'm very pleased with the results. This is on 1920x1080. I'm getting 30-40 fps (HD5870).

What I haven't messed with yet, is "ENB" & "FXAA" and their presets. I believe gionight runs on a lower resolution (please correct me if I'm wrong) so he is able to get away with AO enabled and other settings that would probably kill me at 1920x1080, if not outright CTD.

While it is tempting to try the post-process mods, I think I'll hold off, especially with the CK just around the corner.

screenshot2a.jpg

reg411>>>
You are absolutly correct my resolution is 1680x1050 and it really helps me a lot with SSAO, SGSSAA and other super demanding stuff.
My suggestion to you Do Not install ENB and especially my 0.99v it will be unplayable with HD5870 at your native resolution. It'd be better to find some good FXAA injector preset .

Just made my new character.
and quickly taken screenshots with her.

Last edited:
Have no time for epic pics but I think this char looks gorgeous enough, without any epic scenes .

I thought this was the Skyrim Screenshot thread....not 4chan hr. :confused:

Laffles>>>
You really need to grow up my little friend if you can't accept digital art in any form, and if you think this pics look worse than screenshots with dragons and fantasy stuff .

Krenum>>>
the same applies to you.

PS: so much tactlessness/tastelessness from you guys and it's just a Skyrim screenshots thread.
I am really very sorry for both of you, Really :(

Last edited:
Krenum>>>
Who do you think you are to tell me which pics should I post and which not, do I need to ask your permission?
I am posting them for everyone to enjoy, especially for those who have a clue what a pretty picture is, You might missed it but my screenshots always were varied and have been posted on many gaming sites, some sites call them the best Skyrim pics even before I start using ENB.
Please next time keep your "sickness" to yourself and don't spread this shit about things you know nothing about.
Now is time for you to get lost my little tactlessness/tastelessness trollolo and take your environmental screenshots with you .
Goodbye :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back