Where / how to buy AMD gpu tomorrow

newegg went from showing no cards - to simply having everything show up out of stock instantly - as in not even a second of stock after a refresh

GD I had a 6800 in my cart went to check more stock of 6800 xt BYE BYE. This is ridiculous. Good news AMD Processors are in stock directly from AMD.

Lame, I was refreshing on Newegg and AMD and Amazon every few seconds and they were gone. Never even saw an add to cart.

Normal people won't have any hope of getting these things until the spring. It's just the unfortunate reality.

Yea I am just pack up my PC and stick it on the corner til the new year. I have no vacation days left to fight for this shit. I'll just enjoy my ps5.

theres only 1 on ebay right now. Looks like even the scalpers can't get them.

so xfx and sapphire shows 2 year warranty while msi shows 3. something to think about.

I went to MC during the RTX 3000 initial launch days and while the hardcore geeks were out for sure - there were definitely some people in line for the scalpers. Didn't know anything about anything. They were just in it, to flip it on the 'Bay.

I was there to buy other stuff that trip so no skin off my back. But I'm afraid it's gonna be that way from now on.

I logged on at 9am hoping to get something. Newegg crashed until it was OOO, nothing showed up on Amazon, and AMD's site wouldn't go to checkout.
Screw upgrading until next year. This is way too much effort to SPEND money.

A lot of money.

I can't even finish my build. I think I'm returning everything. I'm stuck with he PSU and the case, bit I can return the rest.

I was on the AMD site on the 6800XT page clicking the buy link every 10 seconds or so and it never went to a page until it showed a sold out page.

With the CPUs I was able to open a few carts and could have had a 5950x if I was a little faster and did get a 5600x. But Newegg and Amazon and AMD all just went to out of stock. I still see a few saying they were there for 10 minutes and such but Newegg did not show me anything but Gigabyte one and the add to cart link just went to a message that said Oops something went wrong. Never even saw a cart this time. :(

I was on the AMD site on the 6800XT page clicking the buy link every 10 seconds or so and it never went to a page until it showed a sold out page.

With the CPUs I was able to open a few carts and could have had a 5950x if I was a little faster and did get a 5600x. But Newegg and Amazon and AMD all just went to out of stock. I still see a few saying they were there for 10 minutes and such but Newegg did not show me anything but Gigabyte one and the add to cart link just went to a message that said Oops something went wrong. Never even saw a cart this time. :(
Yeah, there's no way. I was 'on my game' at AMD, Newegg, and Amazon.
If they were there for 10 minutes, I'd own one.
I do not.

I do not.
They weren't ever there in some places. I got to the last step at AMD but it wouldn't submit. Newegg never even showed up until OOS.

I do not.
The sad part is I was able to get a 3080 a week or so ago watching the Newegg site a couple times a day. I had to get a combo with 80 bucks of RAM but that's not too bad and I can return the RAM. But this morning I just wanted to try and see if I could get one because I was so close getting a 5950X and I thought for sure I'd be on top of it this time but there was no chance.

The sad part is I was able to get a 3080 a week or so ago watching the Newegg site a couple times a day. I had to get a combo with 80 bucks of RAM but that's not too bad and I can return the RAM. But this morning I just wanted to try and see if I could get one because I was so close getting a 5950X and I thought for sure I'd be on top of it this time but there was no chance.
Yeah, I mean - I got both an RX480 and a Radeon VII on launch day.
This was no prayer.

Only showed up OOS on NewEgg. AMD’s Website would not let me complete the check out.

No new BIG NAVI or Ampere for me.

Fuck the scalpers.
What link did you use? I used these and they opened a can't find this page until it found the out of stock page.
Untitled.jpg

Tried on Newegg, couldn't even add it to cart when pressing the orange button. Dunno if they instantly sold out or what.

pSilJKe.jpg

What link did you use? I used these and they opened a can't find this page until it found the out of stock
On my phone I clicked the “Buy Direct Button” for the RX 6800 and added the card to my cart. I got the “bad gateway” at final step to submit after passing the “I am not a bot” prompt

I know it'll be the same in a couple weeks, but, maybe the 6900xt won't have these issues. Hope springs eternal, only to be crushed....

I’ve got an order in for a 6800xt, but it’s a queue and I’m not sure how far back I’ll be in it. Might cancel if I’m too far back.

Back in the USSR days, my mom and I stood in line for 2 hours just to buy a few loaves of bread. These GPU launches are a pathetic miserable fucking circus.
(luckily, it was summer).

Fugga you, Nvidia, and fugga you, AMDEEEE!
tenor.gif tenor.gif

Last edited:
Back