Where have all the Ducky keyboards gone?

medeyer

Limp Gawd
A few weeks ago, I finally decided to pull the plug and buy myself a new keyboard: the Ducky Shine 3 TKL MX brown with blue LEDs. But when I went to pccasegear to order one, they're out of stock. I think to myself "they'll get some more in about a week." A week passes and they're still out of stock. Well what about a full size keyboard with the specifics I want? I did want one like that to begin with. Nope, they're out of stock too. I sent an email to them asking if they will be resupplied soon. This is the response:

PCCaseGear said:
There is a chance that we will get these back on our website in the near future however at this point in time our suppliers are unable to provide us with additional stock for this specific model which is why they have been removed from the website.

So the main supplier for Australia is out of supply. Fair enough, let's go to another retailer. How about Amazon? They have everything, right? Nope. Newegg then? Nope. Hell, Tiger Direct. Nope. They're going out of stock everywhere. So what's the deal?

Nice. Looks like a new batch coming in. Thanks for that. Hopefully they'll resupply here in Australia too.

I thought that might have been the case, but there hasn't been any news about it since computex, not to mention that their knobby keyboard hasn't been well received.

I also think the design of the Shine 4 is terrible. Although there has indeed not been any further information since then, Ducky representatives at Computex said their target release window is this summer. So that still leaves them some time. Time will tell. I hope you manage to get your hands on a Shine 3; it is a great keyboard.

Last edited:
must you get a ducky board?

There are lots of great keyboards out there. I personally rock the Func KB460

The Func is not what I would call a great keyboard. It is manufactured by iOne who have long lasting bad reputation for making sub-par products when compared to the competition. With the exception of the Quickfire Pro (made by iOne) Cooler Master make nice bang for buck mechanical Cherry MX keyboards. There are some other good products out there if one is looking for compact formats. Otherwise it doesn't get much better than FILCO, Ducky and KÜL (unless you decide to make a custom) to the best of my knowledge.

I also think the design of the Shine 4 is terrible. Although there has indeed not been any further information since then, Ducky representatives at Computex said their target release window is this summer. So that still leaves them some time. Time will tell. I hope you manage to get your hands on a Shine 3; it is a great keyboard.

Ya, not sure where this knob trend is coming from.

Back