Where Gaming Begins: Ep. 2 | AMD Radeon™ RX 6000 Series Graphics Cards - 11am CDT 10/28/20

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Where Gaming Begins: Ep. 2 | AMD Radeon™ RX 6000 Series Graphics Cards - 11am CDT 10/28/20

Edit: Official Spec List:

Powerhouse Performance, Vivid Visuals & Incredible Gaming Experiences​

AMD Radeon™ RX 6000 Series graphics cards support high-bandwidth PCIe® 4.0 technology and feature 16GB of GDDR6 memory to power the most demanding 4K workloads today and in the future. Key features and capabilities include:

Powerhouse Performance

• AMD Infinity Cache – A high-performance, last-level data cache suitable for 4K and 1440p gaming with the highest level of detail enabled. 128 MB of on-die cache dramatically reduces latency6 and power consumption7, delivering higher overall gaming performance than traditional architectural designs.
  • AMD Smart Access Memory8 – An exclusive feature of systems with AMD Ryzen™ 5000 Series processors, AMD B550 and X570 motherboards and Radeon™ RX 6000 Series graphics cards. It gives AMD Ryzen™ processors greater access to the high-speed GDDR6 graphics memory, accelerating CPU processing and providing up to a 13-percent performance increase on a AMD Radeon™ RX 6800 XT graphics card in Forza Horizon™ 4 at 4K when combined with the new Rage Mode one-click overclocking setting.9,10
  • Built for Standard Chassis – With a length of 267mm and 2x8 standard 8-pin power connectors, and designed to operate with existing enthusiast-class 650W-750W power supplies, gamers can easily upgrade their existing large to small form factor PCs without additional cost.
True to Life, High-Fidelity Visuals

• DirectX® 12 Ultimate Support – Provides a powerful blend of raytracing, compute, and rasterized effects, such as DirectX® Raytracing (DXR) and Variable Rate Shading, to elevate games to a new level of realism.
  • DirectX® Raytracing (DXR) – Adding a high performance, fixed-function Ray Accelerator engine to each compute unit, AMD RDNA™ 2-based graphics cards are optimized to deliver real-time lighting, shadow and reflection realism with DXR. When paired with AMD FidelityFX, which enables hybrid rendering, developers can combine rasterized and ray-traced effects to ensure an optimal combination of image quality and performance.
  • AMD FidelityFX – An open-source toolkit for game developers available on AMD GPUOpen. It features a collection of lighting, shadow and reflection effects that make it easier for developers to add high-quality post-process effects that make games look beautiful while offering the optimal balance of visual fidelity and performance.
  • Variable Rate Shading (VRS) – Dynamically reduces the shading rate for different areas of a frame that do not require a high level of visual detail, delivering higher levels of overall performance with little to no perceptible change in image quality.
Elevated Gaming Experience

• Microsoft® DirectStorage Support – Future support for the DirectStorage API enables lightning-fast load times and high-quality textures by eliminating storage API-related bottlenecks and limiting CPU involvement.
  • Radeon Software Performance Tuning Presets – Simple one-click presets in Radeon™ Software help gamers easily extract the most from their graphics card. The presets include the new Rage Mode stable over clocking setting that takes advantage of extra available headroom to deliver higher gaming performance10.
  • Radeon™ Anti-Lag11 – Significantly decreases input-to-display response times and offers a competitive edge in gameplay.

AMD Radeon™ RX 6000 Series Product Family​

ModelCompute UnitsGDDR6Game Clock12 (MHz)Boost Clock13 (MHZ)Memory InterfaceInfinity Cache
AMD Radeon™ RX 6900 XT8016GB2015Up to 2250256 bit128 MB
AMD Radeon™ RX 6800 XT7216GB2015Up to 2250256 bit128 MB
AMD Radeon™ RX 68006016GB1815Up to
256 bit128 MB

Last edited:
i don't normally buy into the hype for most gpus but for some reason, this launch has me very excited because i'm hoping we will get some normal pricing again

When do these new ATI Radeon cards go on sale?

A few different ones? 6900XT is the RTX 3090 competitor? The 6800XT goes with 3080 and the 6700XT against the 3070?

6800XT will be first card to release. And 6900XT not till January.

Thought I read something like that. But when does the first batch of cards actually hit the street on sale is my question.

When do these new ATI Radeon cards go on sale?

A few different ones? 6900XT is the RTX 3090 competitor? The 6800XT goes with 3080 and the 6700XT against the 3070?

6800XT will be first card to release. And 6900XT not till January.

Thought I read something like that. But when does the first batch of cards actually hit the street on sale is my question.
You’ll find out in a couple hours.

Also, it’s AMD Radeon now. ;)

PR department could have just shown benchmark slides and been done with it, these shows are always painful outside of that.

In before biggest navi lands between 3070 and 3080 using more power than a 3080 priced at $549.99, just to have NV release a 3070Ti that sits just above biggest navi while sipping power in comparison for $599.99.

Just my prediction, I could be totally wrong; but just how many times does history have to back hand slap people before we learn the lesson?1

I wouldn't bother waiting for a 3070 competitor that cost roughly the same but runs hotter and more than not slower. Quote me on release!

Reactions: Rizen
like this
6800XT available Nov. 18th @ $649.

RX 6800 available Nov. 18th @ $579, delivering performance almost 20% faster than the 2080 Ti.

6900XT is the beast, available De. 8th @ $999 neck and neck performance against the 3090

ugh. We have to wait until Nov. 18?!

$649 is a great competitive price.

Wait, wth. Where's the announcement of the Radeon 6700XT ?

6800 for $579 seems a little high. They could have curb stomped Nvidia if they made it cheaper.

6900xt looks crazy!

6800xt nov 18
6900xt dec 8th

AMD didn't talk about any feature comparison to Nvidia Freestyle which is literally required to play Warzone. It's nice they offer superior frames but if I can't see people I can't shoot them!

6900xt will be a day one buy for me. 1st time going for AMD after all these years.

6900XT 12/8 @ 999

It wins and they need the margins, that 6900 for $999 tho. Wow
It's a 6900xt, not a 6900. Only saying this because knowing amd they could come out with a 6900 and 6900x at some point :p I don't think $579 is a crazy price, but they need something cheaper. $500 is a round number that a lot of people don't consider crossing for a GPU.

6900 XT is trading blows with 3090, but only coupled with the new AMD processor. It's a few percent lower than that.
Still, at 999, that's one hell of a better buy than 3090, RIP Nvidia, no wonder they canceled high vram GPUs, lol.

No mention of availability or saying unlike our competitors we will have ample supply on launch day.

If true which it seems it is. Its 50w less and $500 less for almost the same performance.
Excactly, make all these numbers reproducible and they just need to have stock. Don't mess this up with a paper launch even if you miss black friday.

Would have loved the 6800 to come in at the same price as the 3070, but for the performance I can't blame them. Planning on a build this holiday season with a Ryzen 5600 and was looking at the 3070, but that 6800 is impressive for a bit more. Would have loved if there was a 6700 that performed just under 3070 for $399, but if such a thing ever exists it won't be in time for my build.

hmm, surprised the 6800 is priced at that, i would have thought 550 max. Also note that the chart says with *smart access memory for the benchmark. The 6900xt said it had smart access memory and rage mode enabled as well. It too bad they didn't say when reviews would be posted for all the cards.

Does nVidia have cards hiding in warehouses, waiting until Nov. 18th, and then surprise everyone ,saying, oh here's thousands of cards coming to store shelves right away LOL

Back