Where exactly are the exe files (Windows Store)?

brncao

Limp Gawd
If you bought a game from Windows Store, where are the exe files located? Logitech's Gaming Software auto-detects what game is running based on what exe I've supplied it with. Problem is, I don't know where these exe files are. I despise Windows Store when it comes to buying games, but I had credits to use anyways.

I found the exe files, but was "permission denied" when I tried to add it to Logitech. Not even Microsoft's own Mouse and Keyboard Center can access it under app-specific settings. Oh the irony. It's getting late. I'll figure it out some other time.

I found the exe files, but was "permission denied" when I tried to add it to Logitech. Not even Microsoft's own Mouse and Keyboard Center can access it under app-specific settings. Oh the irony. It's getting late. I'll figure it out some other time.
You most likely have to take ownership of the files, and then add read rights to be able to do it.
Another reason windows store is rotten to the core. You no longer even have rights to access files on your own computer, and you don't have the right to change installation location of apps.

you don't have the right to change installation location of apps.

You do (check my last post) but you're limited to which drive you want instead of a specific folder every time an install happens.

You do (check my last post) but you're limited to which drive you want instead of a specific folder every time an install happens.
I did see that, that's exactly why I said what I said you can choose a drive, you can't define the location.

On top of hiding them, there's nothing you can do with their Start Menu shortcuts, too. I wish I could keep my menu nice and neat, but it's cluttered with a bunch of random Windows apps with long names and no way to put them in folders.

I did see that, that's exactly why I said what I said you can choose a drive, you can't define the location.

I don't see where you said that, so I'm confused. If you did, my bad... though I must be blind to where its at. o_O

I don't see where you said that, so I'm confused. If you did, my bad... though I must be blind to where its at. o_O
No, I didn't say that exactly. I said what I said because changing the drive letter is not equivalent to changing the location.

Wow I didn't realize the WS behaved like this. I browsed through it when Metro was forced upon us in Win8, glad I never got anything. Sounds like a pain.

No, I didn't say that exactly. I said what I said because changing the drive letter is not equivalent to changing the location.

Exactly. It's not fine grained, which shows MS doesn't like us "meddlers" :pompous:

Don't be surprised if Microsoft fucks you over one day like they did with their GFWL. I will never buy shit from their store and have the store disabled on my Win8.1 install. I don't even want the free apps because theyall push ads and want access to spy on you.

You most likely have to take ownership of the files, and then add read rights to be able to do it.
Another reason windows store is rotten to the core. You no longer even have rights to access files on your own computer, and you don't have the right to change installation location of apps.

It's not really your computer as far as MS is concerned.

Back