Where do you sell high(er) end networking eqipment???

supergper

Gawd
I've got a nice firewall that I would like to sell. Where do you guys sell your old equipment? This really isn't old, but I've upgraded my network to all Cisco gear so it's no longer needed. I tried ebay and didn't get much attention, any other thoughts?

There's always Craigslist or Amazon whom have no listing fees, Amazon will take a little chunk for commission but it stays up till it sells.

The only problem with Amazon is they only allow you to sell items up to $2500...even used this is worth a whole lot more than that. I'll list it on Craigslist...good thought on that, thanks.

Good suggestions guys, I've got emails into all of them. Thanks (and if anyone else has any suggestions, let me know)

FWIW, the brand is Watchguard.

try www.networkisdown.com

another one would be ebay... yeah i know it's crappy but they move high end equipment rather quickly. I can get some high end network stuff sold in minutes on there.

Heh, I consider that a downgrade. ;)

My company sells many different brands of firewall appliances, all seem to have poor resale value. We pick up Cisco's (emergency spares) for pennies on the dollar. The Watchguards do hold their value a little better than most others, but still not great. Definately worth more if they are current (X series) and under live security. If you have a current model they will sell on EBay quickly.

Regards,
relic

Heh, I consider that a downgrade. ;)

My company sells many different brands of firewall appliances, all seem to have poor resale value. We pick up Cisco's (emergency spares) for pennies on the dollar. The Watchguards do hold their value a little better than most others, but still not great. Definately worth more if they are current (X series) and under live security. If you have a current model they will sell on EBay quickly.

Regards,
relic
It is a current model, X6500e, but it doesn't have Live Security on it. It's just over a year old. I prefer the Cisco stuff over the Watchguard...just a personal preference, and yes they are nice and they are super simple to administer. I had it on eBay, with a Buy it Now of less than half of what the others were selling for and I only had 4 watchers...maybe I should jack the price up :p then I'd probably sell it!

a Quick check on epinions shows retail street pricing for a new one is about $6500 with live security. An expert partner would likely sell one for less.

Used, without LS it's likely valued under the $2500 max for Amazon.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Steve

a Quick check on epinions shows retail street pricing for a new one is about $6500 with live security. An expert partner would likely sell one for less.

Used, without LS it's likely valued under the $2500 max for Amazon.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Steve
Thanks, I relisted on eBay with a lower Buy-it-now and an even lower opening bid. I don't like Amazon because they take a ridiculous amount for their fees (something like 10%-15%) plus they don't allow you to charge shipping (they just take it out of the selling price).

Good luck with your sale.
PM me with a link to your posting if you like, I can at least forward it on and see if anyone I know is interested. We don't have a use for a used Peak, but one of our affiliates might.

EDIT:
Nevermind the PM. I found your ebay listing. I'lll send it on.
:EDIT

Regards,
relic

Good luck with your sale.
PM me with a link to your posting if you like, I can at least forward it on and see if anyone I know is interested. We don't have a use for a used Peak, but one of our affiliates might.

EDIT:
Nevermind the PM. I found your ebay listing. I'lll send it on.
:EDIT

Regards,
relic
Thanks

Back