Where Do You Put Yuor Nexus 5 Wireless Charger?

Landmine

Limp Gawd
I just picked up another wireless charger for my Nexus 5, this one.

I had a couple Qi wireless chargers from my Nokia phones, but I really like the magnet on the Nexus charger. I'm wondering if anyone has dome anything cool with that. For example mounted the charger to a wall or dash of a car. How is it working out for you?

I figured the magnet was only to attach it in the proper spot for charging. I dont know if it would hold up the weight of the phone.

I figured the magnet was only to attach it in the proper spot for charging. I dont know if it would hold up the weight of the phone.

From what i've seen online the sticky on the back of the charger gives out before the magnets do.

I've got one of those for my (2013) Nexus 7, the magnets (4) hold up the tablet just fine. (though I haven't done anything extended duration testing)

As to where it is? call me boring but i've just got it on my desk at home. Haven't even taken the plastic off yet as I don't want it stuck to one spot.

Mine is on my desk.

You can't just put the phone on the charger and expect it to stick good on the first try. You need to wiggle it around until you feel the magnets grip the sweet spot. So if I mounted this on the wall, I can imagine me thinking I had it gripped and letting go only to watch the phone clatter to the floor. I'll play it safe and keep it on my desk.

My magnet seems much much stronger... I'll see if I can post a video of it.

Oh, the magnet is definitely strong enough to hold the phone. But that is if you have it centered properly. If you are off to one of the sides a bit, you'll feel a lesser amount of grip and if you should, say mistake that for the normal grip and let go it'll plop to the floor.

Back