where do you people buy your speaker and XLR cables?

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
if monoprice is at the lower end, and people like Chord cables is at the higher end, who's in the mid end?

especially bi-wire speaker cable

Monoprice has various quality options for most cables. Just because they are cheaper, doesn't mean the quality is less.

It would be more accurate to say they offer the same or better quality for less money.

Besides, in regards to speaker wire, paying more is just giving your money away. Choose the size based on the distance of the wire, aside from that, choose the cheapest (cost) option.

Monoprice has various quality options for most cables. Just because they are cheaper, doesn't mean the quality is less.

It would be more accurate to say they offer the same or better quality for less money.

Besides, in regards to speaker wire, paying more is just giving your money away. Choose the size based on the distance of the wire, aside from that, choose the cheapest (cost) option.

Somewhat disagree. The gauge can be recommended based on length true but there is a lot more to it.

There are different types of cable, cable sizes and there are higher and lower quality cables/connectors out there.

Many people do it themselves because it is easy and you are basically paying a heavy premium when you buy from any seller. Hardcore audiophiles will split hairs over the fact that different cables can and will impact the sound quality or color your sound, weather that is a good or bad thing and if your ears can even notice.

If this is just a one time purchase it may not be worth buying a nice solder kit do DIY but it will pay for itself at some point IMO regardless.

Redco.com is probably a good place to start for buying DIY parts otherwise I tend to stay with the more popular brand names like Belden< Canare, Mogami, Nuetrik, etc.

I want to find websites that makes good cables in Europe, such as Switerland, UK, Germany, France etc., but NOT those hype up brand names. I just want good Euorpean workmanship.

how do you look for that in the search engine?

those 4 brands you mention, are they USA based or EU

I want to find websites that makes good cables in Europe, such as Switerland, UK, Germany, France etc., but NOT those hype up brand names. I just want good Euorpean workmanship.

how do you look for that in the search engine?

those 4 brands you mention, are they USA based or EU
Neutrik headquarters is Lechenstein Europe. I would not consider them hyped up, yes they are one of the most popular names you will see when you start diving into these types of products but it is because they typically (arguably) make some of the better quality items.

where are their cables make? Do you own one? are they make in EU Or china?

Last edited:
Back