Where do you like better to buy apple products? Online stores or physical stores?

Elliotr

n00b
You can place your order with personal preference. Where do you like better to buy apple products? Online stores or physical stores?

The apple store - online with in store pick up because I want it now and that's how I had to use my employee discount.

Online shipped to the business address if it is a BTO. If I am unsure of the product or if it is baseline, I'll check it out at the Apple Store, which is only a 5-10 minute drive.

I have done both. Personal preference for a new machine is at my local apple reseller on a tax holiday.
I have recently begun using the refurb store because I might as well save a few dollars.

My friends all do the Apple store thing... I think it makes them feel better purchasing things so that everyone around can watch them.

Me? Online...

I usually order online and pick it up at the Apple Store since it's only a few minutes away from where I work and things are usually sent there within 1 business day (as opposed to 2-3 to have it shipped to my home or office).

Online. I buy damn near everything online. A new company started in my area that even delivers alcohol/beer when ordered from grocery stores. I never have to leave home again. The only way my family will know I'm dead is when paramedics and police kick down my doors to find my shriveled, decaying, petrified corpse still seated in front of my battery drained MBP and iPhone. :p

Last edited:
Local authorised reseller for me as they are typically are cheaper

I buy new, or refurb and have it shipped to the Apple store, within walking distance of my home.

Always order. Going to a store is like walking into a madhouse. Additionally I almost exclusively shop Apple's refurb section, something that isn't available in store.

I NEVER impulse shop, and never need something "right now" or "the next day". If I'm not good with waiting a week for whatever to get shipped to me, then it was poor planning. That goes for any buying, not just buying from Apple (Amazon, et al).

I've purchased stuff online and in store, most recently in store using the Apple Store app for self checkout. Very odd feeling, "ok I'm leaving now, do I need to tell anyone?"

Educational discount via online apple or at bb for the rewards.

I order refurb online and ship to apple store.

Came in handy when I ordered my wife's MBP. When it came in the box was punctured and you could visibly see the damage to the laptop. Manager saw it, said sign for it and swapped it for a brand new current model for free.

Excellent customer service.

Depends on wether I have the money in the bank when I want or need to purchase. If I have to use Bill Me Later (now PayPal Credit) I buy online, otherwise a store is preferable as I have an Apple Store 45min. away from me. I just bought an iPad Air 2 and had to use PayPal Credit and the Apple Online store because I only had about ½ of it in cash. Otherwise I would have bought it online and picked up in the store, or just went there and bought it. I like the stores because of the eye candy... and somethimes you find something you didn't know existed.

strictly purchase online from the refurb site. If they sold iPhones on there i'd get buy em on there too.

Cell phones on contract - store

Everything else - online

Always order. Going to a store is like walking into a madhouse.

You got that right... but sometimes its the only way to see a product before you buy. I went to see the iPad Air 2 before ordering. If you deed something NOW though, it's the only way (if you have a store nearby that is). And the Apple Store app makes getting in, getting the goods, and getting out easier.

Going into the store is also like going to see a hundred male peacocks trying to impress ten females... what a show! :roll eyes: Almost as bas as going into a Starbucks and seeing everyone whip out their gadgets... ;)

Bought 1 MacBook Pro online through Best Buy because I was in an APO, which Apple would not ship to. Bought the other 2 in-stores but they were open box returns at a substantial discount even compared to Apple Refurbs.

Bought some stuff from the Apple Store accessories and iPhones...just always busy and takes forever to check out that I don't like going in there unless I have to.

Back