Where do you guys get your capacitors?

Sungaisu

Limp Gawd
Radioshack has failed me for the last time, and frankly I don't want to drive 2 hours to the nearest Frys to get some.

Any of you people know a good/reliable place to buy capacitors online?

Thanks!

Good info, going to radio shack for caps has been a terrible experience for me.

second on digikey. rough to navigate, but huge selection. radio shack barely even carries a hobby grade selection of passive components these days.

Radioshack is okay if you need something kludgey, but not for serious projects...

Depends on what kind of caps you're looking for. If you're looking for non-polarized caps like you'll find in crossover networks or used as coupling caps in tube amps, the best selection I've ever seen, from hobby grade to seriously hoyty-toyty audiophile grade can be found at Parts Express. They have a pretty good selection of other components as well, but not like Digi-Key / Mouser.

Digi-key took me a long time to learn how to navigate through it, but they have 37,000 of the capacitor I need, so I may go with them.

+1 for digikey. yes, it is hard to navigate. I find filtering as much as possible (in stock, etc) helps.

If you know what you want, I think DigiKey's web interface is really good. You can't do much better when you have millions of different part numbers for sale, IMO. It's tricky when you know sort of what you want but need to make a choice based on some criteria you can't filter for, or some kind of design decision. That's when the paper catalogue is nice to have around.

I only knew a few things about the caps I needed. 330uF/820uF both are 25v and they're radial. That's all I really know about caps in general, lol.

BDent.com. Much overlooked but very good. Unfortunately their prices for polymer caps are sky high.

Rat Shack is only good for cell phone chargers, batteries, power adapters, and overpriced audio equip. nowadays. I second Mouser and Digikey

Back