Where do you buy your LCD screens?

Firefox90

Weaksauce
I bought 2 LCDs from Newegg 4+ years ago and they were fine, but people are now steering me away from them because of their LCD return policy. Their awesome prices are hard to resist though. I don't know whether to gamble on them (I have always had good luck with them) or order somewhere else. Does any online retailer have a bulletproof LCD policy?

Part of the reason I am having this issue is because I want to get a new 24" 1920x1200 monitor. I was initially going to go for the Dell 2408, but I just don't want to spend that kind of money on 1 monitor right now. I can deal with TN panels. I have for 4 years.

Newegg has the ASUS MK241H for $260 after MIR right now. That is really tempting. Thoughts?

Thanks guys!

Bought about 4 lcd's from newegg the last 3 years , never had any problem with any of them. All arrived in perfect condition with 0 dead pixels.Dont see any reason not to buy from them.

I bought 2 LCDs from Newegg 4+ years ago and they were fine, but people are now steering me away from them because of their LCD return policy. Their awesome prices are hard to resist though. I don't know whether to gamble on them (I have always had good luck with them) or order somewhere else. Does any online retailer have a bulletproof LCD policy?

Part of the reason I am having this issue is because I want to get a new 24" 1920x1200 monitor. I was initially going to go for the Dell 2408, but I just don't want to spend that kind of money on 1 monitor right now. I can deal with TN panels. I have for 4 years.

Newegg has the ASUS MK241H for $260 after MIR right now. That is really tempting. Thoughts?

Thanks guys!

I avoided Newegg for this very reason, have used CDW for my past 2 purchases, 1 of which I had to return. The return process was about as painless as it gets and I am now enjoying my 2490WUXi ordered from them. I think if you are planning on spending a good amount on a monitor as I did, they make a lot of sense, their return policy and general overall customer service is superb.

2002 - Bought Planar PX191 from Dell.

2007 - Bought NEC LCD2690WUXi from Provantage.

2008 - Bought Asus VK246H from Neweggg.

2009 (Yesterday) - Bought Planar PX2611w from Provantage.

Acer AL1751A and later a BenQ FP241W from eBuyer - excellent service and they replaced the latter monitor twice and agreed to give me a refund when it was discovered that the problem was with my laptop's graphics card (or VGA socket) rather than the monitor.

NEC 24WMGX3 from Overclockers UK - I'm still waiting for parts from them from the same order as this one, which was made 2 weeks ago with next day shipping. Them having some items out of stock isn't their fault but not having the website be up to date and not communicating the problem with the customer until they call up themselves asking wtf is going on is their fault. Overall, not very pleased with their customer service but I dunno what their monitor policy is cos the one I've received seems perfect.

2002 - Bought Planar PX191 from Dell.

2007 - Bought NEC LCD2690WUXi from Provantage.

2008 - Bought Asus VK246H from Neweggg.

2009 (Yesterday) - Bought Planar PX2611w from Provantage.

JaguarSKX, i'd be real curious to hear about your experience with the PX2611W and also provantage as an online vendor...I had many issues with mine (input cycling after powering on, broken d-pad after 1 minute of use, backlight bleed) as well as perceived (wide-gamut was too much for me)...but it's size and suitability for gaming was a big plus that tempted me to try for another one. In the end, got the NEC, but would like to hear about your experiences...thanks

Staples.

I like to see them before I buy them. I have Walmart, Bestbuy, Sams, and Staples to chose from.

Staples has the best deals when they have a sale.

JaguarSKX, i'd be real curious to hear about your experience with the PX2611W and also provantage as an online vendor... as well as perceived (wide-gamut was too much for me)...

I actually recommended the Planar PX2611w to a friend of mine earlier this year or late last year. He never had a complaint about it. This was actually my top pick back in 2007, before I discovered the NEC 2690WUXi. Another NEC would be nice, but this monitor will only be occasionally used in a dual monitor setup right next to the NEC.

I'm not really bothered by wide gamut (since the NEC is also wide gamut), except for when I set a Fallout 3 wallpaper on my desktop. The Brotherhood of Steel's armor is definitely a little too much over saturated with green.

I had no problems with Provantage the first time around, and they are selling the Planar for the cheapest price online.

Im in the market right now for a 22" LCD with IPS which I will order as soon as I can find one with better specs than the Dell 2209WA.

I always go with the vendor with the lowest price of all the reputable vendors who carry the model I want. It always comes out to be different for each item and brand and the like.

Ive used techonweb successfully as well as provantage as well as zipzoomfly and others.

Staples has the best price on the Acer TN panel model Ive seen at $139 which is located right here. But as having a high end CRT monitor now, there is no way I will be happy with an LCD monitor with TN panel and there is only one panel model now for 22" IPS.

Go to google product search and resellerratings and you will find the best of the lot for vendors. Amazon.com also needs to be checked as well.

So where am I going to buy a 22" IPS monitor? Stay tuned!

An LG Flatron is said to have an H-IPS for 22" and we will see which vendor I will get this from should this be the best 22" with IPS around assuming it comes out or an NEC model or something else.

I think I am going to go with the T240HD off Amazon. Amazon seems to have great service when it comes to LCD screens. I read a lot of info on AVS Forums about people getting great service. I have had good luck with them in the past.

The only other thing that is slightly appealing is the Samsung 2493hm at Provantage, but it is about $70 bucks more when I get the VESA mount for the T240HD. Plus this is a college monitor so the guaranteed great 1:1 performance for the 360 is essential.

Thanks for all of the resources. I definitely added a few good bookmarks.

Yes. Instead of E-IPS, the panel search websites say H-IPS and also says it has a higher resolution to boot.

It will have better specs than the Dell when it is released. Unfortunately it is not released yet and I am still waiting for an IPS with 22" with better specifications than the Dell.

LG Flatron have good reputations.

http://www.flatpanelshd.com/downloads/LG_W2220P.pdf is the model in german. It is not yet out.

Last edited:
I bought a Samsung Syncmaster from Newegg for about $290 quite a while ago, I was pleased with how that went down.

The other day I bought a Dell S2209W (I think the model number is?) which is a 22" 1080 monitor. I am actually more impressed with the dell. I got it on the 10 Days of Deals for only $150.

I bought a V2400W (for brother) and a E2200HD (for self) from the BenQ store this week. I just bought them yesterday so I can't talk about service quite yet. The prices were good with their coupons (299 for the V2400 and 169 for the E2200). I was going to invest in the V2400 but I couldn't really manage the extra 130 at the moment and the monitor is currently on backorder so I didn't want to wait a month to get the monitor because I really need a replacement.

Back