where do you buy your building-installed gear?

goodcooper

[H]F Junkie
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I've purchased random pieces from a local Lowe's or Home Depot -- usually its the Leviton brand. Though I haven't shopped for the more ornate looking plates like that Amazon link shows.

Monoprice here too. I was skeptical at first since not only was I ordering from the states which I normally don't like doing but it was too good to be true. To my surprise the quality is actually very half decent. I've never had anything sketchy or that breaks on me. I also got free candy once. Ate it. :eek:

Only worthwhile for big orders though. Shipping + customs will land you around 400 bucks. You don't order a single patch cable or keystone from there. :D When I make an order I always make sure it's like 100 bucks of stuff (which would be like 800 bucks of stuff here) so paying the shipping and customs does not hurt as much knowing I still saved lot of money.

Another site I sometimes order stuff from is automationdirect.com. DIN rail stuff mostly.

I bought a cabinet from cablesandkits.com and kept ordering cables, keystones, etc from them. They're on the east coast so shipping is quick for me.

the cabling contractor that does the installs :cool:

patch cables come from monoprice
bulk wire comes from a local place that delivers

does deep surplus still send skittles in the box? that was the main reason i used to buy from them :)

yea i used to get the skittles but i think deep surplus keystone jacks had even worse quality than monoprice's....

Back