Where do i get the plexi glass to make a window?

dwheelz

Limp Gawd
Where do i get the plexi glass for the window. And which tools will i need to do this process. And also which materials?

Thanks

Lowes, home depot... those places. They sell anywhere from 4inches by 4inches up to 6x4 giant pieces. Normally in the back

I would use a dremel because it's high rpm and fine teeth. You can do some wicked stuff with a dremel. To mount it; I'd use Rivets. Or any creative screw/nut combinations.

Craft stores or home depot has everything you need. They can even cut it for you.

Tap Plastics has acrylic sheets in a variety of colors. You'll likely want 1/8". Looks like they start at $9.75 for clear 2x2'.

A city near me has a retail location.

i'd do 1/8 an inch, save money. Still does the job. Plus you could mount a fan still. Screws may not reach through 1/4 inch

Why does everyone say Home Depot or Lowes. I've been to 5 and 2 of each respectfully, and neither have them. Closest thing they have are those florescent light defussers that are 3' x 1.5' and cost like 50 bucks.

Probably because you are looking in the wrong place. It is over by the glass usually. I haven't been in a HD or Lowe's that DIDN'T carry it.

Probably because you are looking in the wrong place. It is over by the glass usually. I haven't been in a HD or Lowe's that DIDN'T carry it.
+1 :p

It is usually kind of hard to find if you just walk in looking for it. At my Home Depot they have it shoved perpendicular in the end cap of an aisle by the glass windows and door stuff.

I went to HD this past weekend to look for some plexi for a project. Their prices are okay for sizes under 24"x36". Their 24"x36" was 18 dollars or so for 1/8" and anything larger was just insanely expensive. TAP Plastics is much cheaper for larger sizes, but HD will do the job for a computer window. I'm trying to make a frame, so I need something a bit larger :D

Back