Where do all the remote controls go?

westrock2000

[H]F Junkie
I'm looking at eBay and other sources for used receivers because it's a fun addiction to buy unneeded audio gear for cheap.

And I can't help but notice that like 90% of all receivers don't have a remote. And I'm not exaggerating that number. Where the hell do these remotes go?!?? Is that the trigger point for upgrading your receiver, when the remote gets lost, you buy a new reciever?

I do think the lack of the factory remote may factor into some folks decisions. I've got good deals on things which lacked the original AC adapter too.

vegeta535 is correct of course. Dogs can fully digest ABS plastic remotes, and children like to put them into wormholes -> pocket universes only children know about.

I may someday find my original Roku remote, but the toddler won't crack. I have a horrible feeling it went into the subwoofer's side port along with innumerable hot wheels. I am going to sell that sub and soundbar as-is, someone will get a bunch of little extras in there. I'll just describe it as "great bass! And strange rattles, until you kick it!"

samsungparts.com have cheep factory new remotes for their products. I picked up one for 17 bux and some change shipped for a clearance tv that came with wrong remote.

couches eat the remotes.

I have a horrible feeling it went into the subwoofer's side port along with innumerable hot wheels. I am going to sell that sub and soundbar as-is, someone will get a bunch of little extras in there. I'll just describe it as "great bass! And strange rattles, until you kick it!"

I had a big logitech subwoofer on my computer that had a gigantic port on the side. I just knew the kids had thrown stuff in there over the years. So I bought a new subwoofer that specifically had the driver and port on the bottom. When I picked up the Logitech, sure enough it rattled like crazy. I opened it up and found hot wheels, golf balls, parts from board games. All kinds of stuff.

Universal remotes, FTW! I switched to a Harmony Smart Hub and control everything with my phone or tablet.

Logitech Smart Hub

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back