Where did enable gsync go?

Snowdensjacket

Limp Gawd
I've been looking around at how to set up my 2070 with gsync now that I've got a gsync monitor. All the instructions say to go to the Nvidia settings and enable gsync but the option does not appear for me. Does anyone know where this option went?

Thx

Monitor and GPU need to be Gsync compatible. You can check your monitor here

This may be more helpful

Last edited:
Are you using an AVR? If so, it might be the issue.

If not, try uninstalling your drivers using DDU in safe mode and then install the latest Nvidia drivers.

I am using an AVR. Should I not be? I just can't find the setting to enable gsync in my Nvidia control panel.

Are you using an AVR? If so, it might be the issue.

If not, try uninstalling your drivers using DDU in safe mode and then install the latest Nvidia drivers.
If it doesn't show up, then yes - try hooking directly into your TV.

Enable-GSync-Compatible.jpg

In that video his Nvidia control panel shows a set up gsync option. Mine does not.
I have searched and cannot verify your 2070 supports HDMI 2.1 which would be required for HDR and Gsync. It will remain grayed out in Nvidia Control panel until both show up compatible with the standard. If using an AVR then it would need to be HDMI 2.1 compatible too. Based on what I've read your CX is 2.1 but limited to 60fps unless HDR is enabled then 120fps is available. You must also have an Ultra High Speed HDMI cable including bandwidth up to 48Gbps or a 2.1 certified HDMI Cable, which the latter only became available in August 2020 I believe.

Back