where can i purchase a foxconn 6150k8md?

Soymilk

[H]ard|Gawd
im looking for this board, can't seem to find it anywhere. there was a review for it on tweaktown (http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/917/), i think its pretty much as the k8ma except it has dvi (which i want). it's not on newegg, monarch, or zzf, and i can't find it with froogle. any help hunting down this board would be appreciated :)

Soymilk said:
im looking for this board, can't seem to find it anywhere. there was a review for it on tweaktown (http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/917/), i think its pretty much as the k8ma except it has dvi (which i want). it's not on newegg, monarch, or zzf, and i can't find it with froogle. any help hunting down this board would be appreciated :)

I'm also looking for this board. I you find it, please let me know!

will do :)

hopefully it's available soon, i was planning on building as soon as amd's price cut happens.

Dark79 said:
I'm also looking for this board. I you find it, please let me know!
Same here. I wish it carried digital audio out (S/PDIF) although I think there is a header on the board. Only then would it be superior to MSI's 6150 uATX board. The voltage adjustments also look good with Vcore to 1.54v, Vdimm to 1.85v, and chipset to 1.6v which allow for some playful mild overclocking. I'm looking at the board for my next htpc setup and it fits the bill so far especially since s939 prices are going to be crashing shortly.

Sikes said:
Same here. I wish it carried digital audio out (S/PDIF) although I think there is a header on the board. Only then would it be superior to MSI's 6150 uATX board. The voltage adjustments also look good with Vcore to 1.54v, Vdimm to 1.85v, and chipset to 1.6v which allow for some playful mild overclocking. I'm looking at the board for my next htpc setup and it fits the bill so far especially since s939 prices are going to be crashing shortly.
foxconn's boards are actually above average at oc'ing, if this follows the trend their other boards w/ this chipset family follows it should be able to do around 270fsb. i just want the integrated dvi since i'm going to be using the integrated video for a while before getting a separate video card, gonna wait until the dx10 cards ship before i get one.

Sikes said:
Same here. I wish it carried digital audio out (S/PDIF) although I think there is a header on the board.
According to their manual and the specs sheet there is S/PDIF out via a header on the board.

Master Bob said:
According to their manual and the specs sheet there is S/PDIF out via a header on the board.
Thanks! I though I saw a header from the picture (bracket included in package?). That just makes the board even more appealing. Now if only I can find one here in the States.

Sikes said:
Thanks! I though I saw a header from the picture (bracket included in package?). That just makes the board even more appealing. Now if only I can find one here in the States.
As far as my research suggests the bracket is NOT included in the package.

Soymilk said:
still can't find it :mad:

I've only found the K8MC locally, but it lacks firewire. Only K8MD Ive been able to find are on german webstores :(

I contacted Foxconn about it and all they did was link me to their "Where to buy" page which doesn't have any US stores that carry it. :rolleyes:

Dark79 said:
I've only found the K8MC locally, but it lacks firewire. Only K8MD Ive been able to find are on german webstores :(

I contacted Foxconn about it and all they did was link me to their "Where to buy" page which doesn't have any US stores that carry it. :rolleyes:
yeah, i'm waiting for a response from them. i went through their entire list of "where to buy" sites in the Americas and none of them had it, which is bullshit since on their page it says it's sold in the Americas :mad:

i got a response from foxconn stating that they have stock in their warehouse in fullerton, ca, it's up to the vendors to order them. i'm going to try contacting newegg to see if they'll get some in, theres probably around 10 ppl on here that want this board.

They claimed to have over 1000 in Fullerton (email received 6/23). I also asked if I could purchase one directly, was refused. I filled out the form on newegg requesting them to stock it.

I couldn't wait any longer, and purchased a 6100 foxconn, which has been great. It's clocking my cpu and ram the same as my outgoing lanparty ultra-D. Hopefully the -MD will be released within my newegg return period :p

The -MD adds: dvi, 8ch HD sound, ROHS; 1st pci slot becomes 1x pcie. SPDIF is probably there as a header on the board, but the bracket would not be included.

Maybe the 10 ppl on this forum that want one can do one bulk order from Germany :p

where are they on sale at in germany, and for how much? i might see if i can decifer how much it costs, as long as shipping is reasonable (under $20 or so) i'd get one :p

I emailed ewiz on a whim last night, because I noticed they carry foxconn boards, and I have been happy with my previous orders there. I just special ordered one, no returns except for defects, and you do need to prepay. Anyone interested in this board can either wait until I receive mine and verify it's as the tweaktown review described it, or be impatient!

quote:
Actually our purchasing manager checked again and she said it would take a 3 day lead time. We accept cashiers check, wire transfer, and credit card as payment, so if I special order it for you then you must pre-pay with one of these options.

quote:
The price for this motherboard if we special order it for you is $75.19 + shipping.

Christine Wong
eWiz Customer Service
Phone: 408-934-2500 ext. 344
Direct: (408) 941-8344
Fax: 408-719-5026
Email: [email protected]

curtisfong said:
I emailed ewiz on a whim last night, because I noticed they carry foxconn boards, and I have been happy with my previous orders there. I just special ordered one, no returns except for defects, and you do need to prepay. Anyone interested in this board can either wait until I receive mine and verify it's as the tweaktown review described it, or be impatient!

quote:
Actually our purchasing manager checked again and she said it would take a 3 day lead time. We accept cashiers check, wire transfer, and credit card as payment, so if I special order it for you then you must pre-pay with one of these options.

quote:
The price for this motherboard if we special order it for you is $75.19 + shipping.

Christine Wong
eWiz Customer Service
Phone: 408-934-2500 ext. 344
Direct: (408) 941-8344
Fax: 408-719-5026
Email: [email protected]

Awesome! Keep us updated! After my last run-in with Newegg, I'd rather not chance buying another motherboard from them. So this would be ideal.

i've fired them an email, hopefully i'll be able to get everything done and ordered tomorrow :)

That's cool! I will have to remember that for future mobos. It beats paying shipping from Germany...

i just got off the phone with ewiz, i talked with christina too lol she was like wait did i already talk to you? but yeah made things easier since she remembered what you wanted :p

she said they actually already have 10 in stock, its just not on the website. i ordered one, total was like $89 ($75.xx, shipping - $8.xx, tax - $6.xx)

hopefully i'll get it soon. they're in my area code lol, 408 :p

mek_nginear said:
Does anyone ever use Froogle? There are MANY vendors selling the 6150K8MD (at least now there are). I got one for $69.99 from xPCgear the end of September, and I see a firm offering it for slightly over $70 right now (http://www.cesell.com/product.php?productid=64498). :rolleyes:
what are you, retarded? you dug up a three month old thread, in which i've already said where i found the motherboard available for purchase and try to crap on it? :rolleyes:

Back