Where can I find iMovie for iMac 27-inch Late 2012?

RavinDJ

Supreme [H]ardness
Hey guys!

Hope you're all doing well. You helped me a while back with upgrading my 27-inch iMac Late 2012 with 32GB RAM and also a new SSD with the thermal kit so that the fan doesn't run 24/7. Many thanks to all of you [H]orde :)

I'm SOL since I can only install Catalina (unless I'm wrong? If so, correct me, please) on my Late 2012, I have trouble downloading iMovie. I tried APP STORE but it says I need a newer OS.

I never downloaded it before so it's not in my 'Apple Cart' or old Apple downloads. I looked at www.archive.org and the following link:
https://archive.org/details/appleimovie10point1point12

Am I safe in downloading it?

All in all - the machine is literally worth less than $200 USD (as per fleaBay), but I'd love to put together videos of my vacations and such. Honestly, that's all I ever needed/wanted this machine for.

So - am I okay to download iMovie from the archive.org site? Or, is there a way I can do a newer OS than Catalina? Or, is there a way to get it from the 'official' App Store?

Thanks, guys!!! Will post vacay video when I'm done.

-Ravin

Hey guys!

Hope you're all doing well. You helped me a while back with upgrading my 27-inch iMac Late 2012 with 32GB RAM and also a new SSD with the thermal kit so that the fan doesn't run 24/7. Many thanks to all of you [H]orde :)

I'm SOL since I can only install Catalina (unless I'm wrong? If so, correct me, please) on my Late 2012, I have trouble downloading iMovie. I tried APP STORE but it says I need a newer OS.

I never downloaded it before so it's not in my 'Apple Cart' or old Apple downloads. I looked at www.archive.org and the following link:
https://archive.org/details/appleimovie10point1point12

Am I safe in downloading it?

All in all - the machine is literally worth less than $200 USD (as per fleaBay), but I'd love to put together videos of my vacations and such. Honestly, that's all I ever needed/wanted this machine for.

So - am I okay to download iMovie from the archive.org site? Or, is there a way I can do a newer OS than Catalina? Or, is there a way to get it from the 'official' App Store?

Thanks, guys!!! Will post vacay video when I'm done.

-Ravin
From the Internet Archive? Probably, although it is a torrent so you may want to keep an eye out for anything fishy. Apple doesn't provide ways to get earlier software from the App Store.

I wouldn't try to install a version of macOS that doesn't officially support your computer. There are unofficial ways to get later versions working, but you're working with videos of precious memories; I wouldn't want to gamble on them surviving if the OS goes sideways.

you only option is to try that link. we've decommissioned waaaaay too many macs just because of software update issues like this.

Thanks, guys! Ended up staying with Catalina and download iMovie from the Internet Archive... here's hoping for the best. I'm only using this iMac for family photos and nothing but basic browsing. It's basically a 'sandbox' but it's not.

Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 10.49.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 10.50.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 10.50.59 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 10.51.07 PM.png

Back