Where are the soundcard deals?

one swell foop

[H]ard|Gawd
I've been cursed by a win 7 lack of driver issue for my very old sound card. I see deals for everything else out there, but not for a good sound card. I realize that the two best companies out there are ASUS and Creative, but these guys produce a lot of sound cards.....
Are they really enforcing MSRP consistency that much?
Can I just buy a used casset deck for cheap as an amp and pipe my mic through that to boost volume to the onboard audio? I'm not anal about sound quality, and would use onboard sound, except that my mic input renders my voice basically inaudible.
Help a brother out! I have a Fry's locally, and even they don't have any good deals...

If you don't mind a refurbished card, Fry's has the X-Fi XtremeGamer for $30. http://www.frys.com/product/5892123

It's not available online, but my local store has a ton on the shelf. I've picked up a couple. It has the same specs as the old X-Fi XtremeMusic and is a "real" X-Fi card, unlike the X-Fi Xtreme Audio.

I don't really know if it's worth it to you since you just seem to need something with better microphone input.

LOL I haven't posted in 5+ months.

Back