Where are the Richmond gamers?

dalearyous

[H]ard|Gawd
i am looking to put something together in Richmond, Va sometime this summer...maybe right after starcraft 2 comes out!

i am tired of being in a city where i don't know anyone locally who knows more about computers/tech than i do. so reply or send me a PM and lets see what kind of community or network we can build. hell, ill even throw together a website if needed for all of us to keep in contact.

There are a bunch of people towards NOVA, MD in the beltway that'd probably join

I may drive up there for an event. I am in the Hampton Roads area and have never attended a real LAN event.

We did have an Xbox LAN party at my friends house 3 years ago and some of the Frag Dolls from Ubisoft came, which was pretty cool.
Had 8 360's in the lan for 4 on 4 gameplay as well as Guitar Hero on the projector, Dancing game and a Wii on large screens.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8055556@N07/sets/72157600162903547/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/perfectserenade/sets/72157611848810304/with/479308593/

Last edited:
a good lan is hard to pass up.
If it were big enough, i'd have a few up here that'd go

Yo man, I'm in Newport News. I have a lot of friends in Richmond ( I used to live in Richmond) That know a lot about tech. Where are you trying to get this setup? And when? The time is approaching soon.

Came to see what was going on in this subforum.
Saw this thread asking where the 'Richmond' gamers were at, and assumed that the thread would be related to Richmond, TX.
Was disappointed when I read Richmond, VA, as that is 22hr 30min or more drive away from me rather than 1hr 30mins.

Posted anyways.

I'm in richmond, va

used to play a lot of Half life 2 on a server that was in richmond. (the war room)
there were 2 others playing HL2 as well as another in Va beach that played.

so i somehow got unsubscribed to this thread and was happy to see people actually posted back.

sorry for you console only people, but gaming to me requires PC 1st, console 2nd. now that starcraft 2 is officially out i am thinking about building a website to start getting a list of members and people that would be interested and willing to participate in some sort of LAN party in Richmond.

i have tons of contacts and connections through work and the RMA to find cheap/free space for an event...all we really need is a list of people i guess. sounds like a website is in order. ill see what domains are available and get something together.

Back