Where are the 9xx FX motherboards?!

eapleitez

Limp Gawd
Where??!! With BD launching supposedly next month, we so far have scarce info. I want to see what Asus, MSI, and Gigabyte will be offering!

That information is already out there for you to google. Look up Crosshair V, for example.

As for when the actual products will be released, it will be launched with bulldozer, not before or after.

They will come when the first calculator divides by 0 and comes up with an actual answer

:eek:

Thanks for pointing me to the Asus Crosshair V. Sounds like a very enticing board, hopefully it comes under $250.

They will be coming out with the release of bulldozer in the next few weeks/months

well Computex Taiwan is just in 2 weeks, we should be seeing many manufacturers displaying native AM3+ motherboards and also 990 chipsets in the high end.

Still no sign of micro atx 990 chipset mobos though.

Micro atx enthusiast boards don't get much AMD love still.

Really disappointed that Gigabyte implemented only 1 LAN port on the 990FX-UD7, WTF happened to two? The board itself looks nice but having one LAN port really turned me off, and I prefer having two because I share my internet connection around the household.

There are these things called routers...

The Gigabyte board looks sick. Very exciting to see how these boards will stack up against each other.

I think Gigabyte should bring out a 990fx UD9 board with either NF200 or PLX switches

I think Gigabyte should bring out a 990fx UD9 board with either NF200 or PLX switches

Since SLi is licensed for 9xx series, what would be the benefit of a NF200 chip? I thought those were only used for SLi support.

NF200 chip allows quad SLI, which is not allowed on any chipset unless it has the NF200 chip.

Then I guess that 990 gigabyte board has a 200 chipset? I didnt translate the article but the image of the expansion slots shows quadsli/cf silkscreened onto the board.

Since SLi is licensed for 9xx series, what would be the benefit of a NF200 chip? I thought those were only used for SLi support.
A NF200 chip could be used on a 970 board, which could allow 3-way SLi, which Nvidia will only license for 990x and 990fx boards. Same way as a PLX or Lucid Hydra could be used to create a 3 or 4-way CFX 970 board, not that there would be a reason to do as such, just sayin'.

A NF200 chip could be used on a 970 board, which could allow 3-way SLi, which Nvidia will only license for 990x and 990fx boards. Same way as a PLX or Lucid Hydra could be used to create a 3 or 4-way CFX 970 board, not that there would be a reason to do as such, just sayin'.

Not sure the mobo makers would though. I see your point, but I assume the 970 will be like the 870 which was a budget mobo with the 850 south bridge. It would be cool to have the NF200 chip for 3 way SLi, but I think the mobo makers would see it as out of the price range for that board.

NF200 chip allows quad SLI, which is not allowed on any chipset unless it has the NF200 chip.

Gigabyte's page for the 990FX-UD7 says Quad SLI .... so i assume that w/o a NF200 it can do quad sli...

Wonder what the quality of the onboard sound will be on these boards. Debating whether or not I need a sound card in my new build.

To my knowledge, nVidia has not allowed quad-SLI on any chipset that does not run the first card in x16 mode and the rest of the cards in at least x8 mode. It is likely that the 990FX-UD7 has a NF200 chip. The NF200 chip isn't necessary for quad-SLI, as seen by AMD that allows quad-Crossfire in x8 mode on all cards, but that is what nVidia requires for licensing for quad-SLI.

Back