where are all you people?!

b1m2x3

2[H]4U
so i got into scad with a 10,000$ scholarship.... here is my latest tinker image that i did tonight.

its winter and i miss the beach, so i made the sea.

the%20sea.jpg

wow thats big.

My first time posting in the Digital Art section. (Why is Artwork spelled as Artwerk? )

What's scad stand for and what app did you use on the sea?

scad is the savannah college of art and design

i used 3dsmax on the sea

Wow, I just thought you played with the color balances in photoshop or something. You fooled me.

Just one question, with all the samples, and textures in the menu (never used the program, guessing their there) how hard is that. I mean, I am guessing they have a sample texture or "element" for water.

I'm not trying to knock your work, I am just wondering how much of it you did? So if you did it all I can be more impressed.
And congrats on the scholarship.

i know in lightwave it's not that hard to make water

(but it is hard to make GOOD LOOKING water)

so good job on that water buddy

b1m2x3 said:
i dont know of a default water material.....

does 3dsmax have one?

It doesn't, the water is good, but what gets me is the lighting/sky, very nice. Im impressed.

edit--
I just checked out you portfolio, and yet again impressed. So you've had no formal 3d training? Cause if you didn't your gonna be good when you get some training, real good. Also I commend you on your GTI, im a big VW head, I currently own 2, and am planning on getting the MK5 GTi. Good Luck!

thanks pistola... no formal training.

the digital art scene sucks around here (my highschool). In order to get the teachers to understand what im into i have to mention shrek and nemo... otherwise they just listen blankfaced. I was going to go out for GT art but i ditched it at the last minute and spent more time doing what i wanted to be doing.

you have 2 gti's? what years? i love gtis (mainly mk2's but at the time i couldnt find any decent ones)
and mk5s are a steal i guess. when i first saw them i thought they looked too... civic like.
but they've grown on me.

b1m2x3 said:
thanks pistola... no formal training.

the digital art scene sucks around here (my highschool). In order to get the teachers to understand what im into i have to mention shrek and nemo... otherwise they just listen blankfaced. I was going to go out for GT art but i ditched it at the last minute and spent more time doing what i wanted to be doing.

you have 2 gti's? what years? i love gtis (mainly mk2's but at the time i couldnt find any decent ones)
and mk5s are a steal i guess. when i first saw them i thought they looked too... civic like.
but they've grown on me.

I don't have 2 GTi's I have 2 VWs, I have a 1974 Beetle, and a 2000 Jetta GLX, but when the new GTi comes here, i'll be selling my Jetta to get it. At a glance it does kinda resemble the Civic Si, but when you stick them next to each other you see why the GTi looks way better. What impresses me most about the new GTi is the fact that its standard all wheel drive (4 motion) and the 2.0T engine @ 200hp, that beats any stock civic on the market. It has great potential for tuning, orginally I had my mind set on an R32, but then I saw that and my mind was set.

Edit, heres a pic of my beetle, I don't have a pic of my jetta, but you don't need it really its just stock thats my every day car.
bettle01.jpg

Back