where are all the windows ASP hosts?

cyr0n_k0r

Supreme [H]ardness
The hosting sticky is FILLED with webhosts that dont offer windows hosting. searching the forum hasn't turned up anything worth while.

I need a windows based webhost that support ASP and has an AMAZING control panel. I need advanced DNS functions and traffic stats. (both of which 1and1 dont provide, so dont even mention them.)

I also need at least 30-50GB transfer. But Im not going to pay $20/month just to get an upgraded plan so I can get that kind of transfer. Bandwidth is cheap enough now adays that basic plans should be at least around that much.

Can anyone reccommend a windows host that meets the above needs?

I dont think your going to find much in the neighbor of shared windows hosting.

In the past when I was looking for hosting, I came upon www.siteground.com. I heard some goods and bads about it before. It has ASP hosting. The reviews I read were a long time ago, so I would recommend you look into more recent reviews before actually considering them.

- hito

1and1 provides traffic stats; I have the "Microsoft Developer" level.

Maybe you can register your domains elsewhere (with a good DNA control) and have them point to the 1and1 servers.

the DNS features are for pointing subdomains away from 1and1. Using multiple A records, which their control panel doesnt support.

and having to go from paying $2.25 / month to $14.99 per month just to get site traffic stats is not going to happen. Im willing to pay more for advanced features, but I want both from the same host, not 1 or the other.

Might I suggest a VPS option? PowerVPS is who I am currently with and you get full control over everything at a relatively reasonably price.

Back