Where are all the Dell deals this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pringals

Gawd
What a disappointing dell shopping season this has been so far. Where are all those great deals dell has been known for during the holiday seasons of past? I've been in the market for a new Dual Core laptop for a few months now, patiently waiting for a cherry of a deal from our favorite holiday Delf Dell promotions... but none have come my way. I looked back on dells deals of the past few years (http://www.gottadeal.com/dell.php?category=expired) and it looks like this is about the worse promoted holiday season they've had in years. What gives? Is Dell starting to come to an end and we just don't know it yet?

I for one am very disappointed in Dell’s offers this year. I guess I'll see what HP has to offer... Anyone have a good laptop deal from about the +/- $1000 area?

Dear Santa,

I've been a good boy this year. For Christmas, I would like a 2gig Dual Core 2, 4mb cache, 80gig sata 7200, 1gig memory, 15.4 SXGA or better widescreen, and MCE 2005 o/s w/ upgrade to vista laptop. Can you pull some strings and make this happen?

Thanks buddy,

Brian
:D

I think a lot of deals will be available next year when vista is released. I almost pulled the trigger on a couple of diffrent Small Business deals floating around on other deal sites, but didn't b/c there was a $50 upgrade to vista. I'll probably be among the first ordering a machine loaded with vista when available.

IIRC, Dell basically said: "We sold shit waaaaay too cheaply. We're just gonna lower prices a bit and stop the insane rebates, etc".

Then again I remember a lot of things that way.

Dell is no longer seeking to aggressively corner the market. They have a huge margin and now they are kicking back reaping on higher profits.

It's not just Dell, I think all retailers are holding their ground this year and not deep discounting,
If you don't have to have it now, hold out for the winter sales slump (after everyone gets their December Visa statement) I'll bet they will be tring to move the stuff that didn't sell then.

Who dosn't miss the hot (ok cute) Dell Elf that went along with the Dell contest last year the end year before? She needs to come back

You are correct... It's all about margins. Dell owns the corporate market with small and medium size businesses. They are included in large corporations but nothing like SUN and a few other big players.
Now they are growing in order to expand and dig deaper into other global national economies.
Dell Has won the US. Now it's time to build up a war chest and win other territories. Asia is in their targets... All tagets are on Asian countries!!!! I would say china is worth 3 times what the US is worth in terms of sales and thats a low estimate.

movax said:
IIRC, Dell basically said: "We sold shit waaaaay too cheaply. We're just gonna lower prices a bit and stop the insane rebates, etc".

Then again I remember a lot of things that way.

Wait until Boxing Day.

And here in Canada we've had some OK deals, but man, there seems to be NO cheaper C2D PCs at all.

Actually wasn't it but a few days ago (I don't recall the particulars of the story) that NASDAQ was making noises about de-listing them because of "irregularities" with their financial reporting, or something to that effect? Not that I am saying or think that they are going to pull a Monarch but conversely they aren't sitting on a big pile of cash lighting their cigars with $10,000 dollar bills, either.

Didn't you hear? Dell canceled the hot deals (surge + crappy software + Cruzer micro usb 1gb => all for $9)

I spit in their general direction. Props to those who actually got it shipped to them, mine was canceled...

Well they did sell 2407 and other monitors for pretty darn cheap a few weeks ago. I got one for $590 shipped. The 30" was just over $1000.

Wait a minute, I'm confused. Where is the hot deal in this thread?

their cameras are pretty decent deals, 35% savings:

I got a Canon SD800 IS for 325. my' little Christmas gift =]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back