When will Video Card prices come down lower?

When I am just rolling by and checking out things I see these so called Chirstians talking about investing in Bitcoin and like there Pastor is leading them to do it ..

So maybe some new video card buyers have yet to show there face and more demand on supply .

they where talking about George Oliver info, as an investment into Bitcoin
I'm not a Christian, but I don't know what being Christian has to do with Bitcoin.

I'm not a Christian, but I don't know what being Christian has to do with Bitcoin.

Confirmed die-hard aspiritual (in other words, not agnostic, I'm not even open to the idea of any higher power of any kind) atheist here, but let me give it a crack:

Cryptocurrencies are seen by many as a huge scam. By mining and selling on various crypto you are essentiually scamming old people and others who are low on knowledge and investing in something without tangible value out of FOMO, and essentially taking part in scamming them.

Some people define Christianity as being good to your fellow man, (which would preclude scamming them)

Yet at the same time, so few people who call themselves "Christian" seem to live up to this ideal of being decent to their common man, turning the other cheek and generally being a decent human being.

I grew up in a strongly conservative catholic family, and from my perspective many self proclaimed Christians need to remind themselves of the Gospel according to Matthew: (Matthew 25:31-46)

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

There are so many who have twisted Christianity into a self serving hedonism. Megachurches that preach "prosperity gospel" (essentially, if you are rich and successful, it means you have been a good person, and God has rewarded you in this life, and thus those who are not must not be good people and thus it is OK to shit on them) and they completely miss the mark.

...and guess what. "Missing the mark" happens to be the definition of sin.

They would be well served by being more humble, turning the other cheek, helping the least among us even to their own detriment, and placing themselves last, not first.

Some might disagree that it is all a big scam destined to crash.

bitconnect-carlos-meme.jpg

We will see what happens after the SEC wins their lawsuit against Ripple. I have a feeling that once there is a legal basis for the governments ability to regulat cryptocurrencies, all those who are preaching it as a non-government alternative will become disillusioned, back out and cause the whole thing to fall apart.

We'll see.

I certainly wouldn't be #hodl ing, that's for sure.

Something something casting out the money changers.

Lol, yeah. And then there's that :p

Confirmed die-hard aspiritual (in other words, not agnostic, I'm not even open to the idea of any higher power of any kind) atheist here, but let me give it a crack:

Cryptocurrencies are seen by many as a huge scam. By mining and selling on various crypto you are essentiually scamming old people and others who are low on knowledge and investing in something without tangible value out of FOMO, and essentially taking part in scamming them.

Some people define Christianity as being good to your fellow man, (which would preclude scamming them)

Yet at the same time, so few people who call themselves "Christian" seem to live up to this ideal of being decent to their common man, turning the other cheek and generally being a decent human being.

I grew up in a strongly conservative catholic family, and from my perspective many self proclaimed Christians need to remind themselves of the Gospel according to Matthew: (Matthew 25:31-46)
There are so many who have twisted Christianity into a self serving hedonism. Megachurches that preach "prosperity gospel" (essentially, if you are rich and successful, it means you have been a good person, and God has rewarded you in this life, and thus those who are not must not be good people and thus it is OK to shit on them) and they completely miss the mark.

...and guess what. "Missing the mark" happens to be the definition of sin.

They would be well served by being more humble, turning the other cheek, helping the least among us even to their own detriment, and placing themselves last, not first.

Some might disagree that it is all a big scam destined to crash.

We will see what happens after the SEC wins their lawsuit against Ripple. I have a feeling that once there is a legal basis for the governments ability to regulate cryptocurrencies, all those who are preaching it as a non-government alternative will become disillusioned, back out and cause the whole thing to fall apart.

We'll see.

I certainly wouldn't be #hodl ing, that's for sure.

Lol, yeah. And then there's that :p
Sorry to hear that...I'll pray for you. ;) I don't want to follow your post too far down the rabbit hole (after all, we are off topic), but as a follower of Christ who has experienced the super-natural I figured I'd give my 2 cents on your post.

I still don't see the link between Christians and crypto. You are making the assumption that any and every moral person sees crypto as a big scam. I've seen people of all backgrounds on both sides of the crypto opinion. I personally regard it as a get rich quick scheme, and if the topic comes up (rarely) I advise the person to tread carefully, research deeply, and be willing to lose everything. Not much difference there between it and the stock market, but at least the stocks are in something that physically exists. Does every Christian see it that way? I'm sure not, but Christians leading people away from crypto is more like Christians leading people away from pistachio ice cream. It's more a personal choice, not a moral choice. I do however feel a Pastor is wrong in using the pulpit to promote anything outside Biblical teaching.
Seems like anyone who has money in crypto tries to influence people around them though. There's a maintenance guy at the company I work for that uses the fact that he can be in every department to talk up people on XRP every chance he gets. You can always tell if it has dropped though...he finally shuts up about it. :) I do however hold a Pastor to a higher standard.

As to the comments on the treatment of the fellow man, the prosperity gospel, missing the mark, humility, turning the cheek, and helping the least: I'm with you! 👍 If you want to continue the conversation or want someone to bounce discussion off of, PM me anytime.

It's got to be some kind of evil to deprive people of a decent video card at a reasonable price though. Me and my first world problems...lol. I was getting an rx570 here for like $80 until the seller screwed up and sold it to the wrong buyer....then the crap hit the fan, prices went through the roof, and I'm stuck sitting on my hd7750 for like two more years. Just for that I SHOULD crusade against crypto! Hopefully my backlog of older games holds me through.

I didn't mean to start the Holy Wars .. just pointing out how deep this has become .. but I believe in a Tree as why we are all in the same boat without one because it will be there to take your last breath away no matter your Bitcoin amount .

I didn't mean to start the Holy Wars .. just pointing out how deep this has become .. but I believe in a Tree as why we are all in the same boat without one because it will be there to take your last breath away no matter your Bitcoin amount .

I thought it was stimulating conversation, not holy war, but to each their own I guess :p

I'll agree with Monkey34 though, it certainly is off topic. May be best to move along for the longevity of all of our accounts sake :p

I didn't think it was a war either, but it does clearly show how no matter the lines that get drawn around people, we're all the same and deal with the same issues.....we all want our video cards, and at a reasonable price!

I didn't think it was a war either, but it does clearly show how no matter the lines that get drawn around people, we're all the same and deal with the same issues.....we all want our video cards, and at a reasonable price!

Yes, us miners want our video cards at a reasonable price, gamers -> go ahead and turn the other cheek :D

Some of us would settle for paying outrageous prices as long as there was availability at this point. . .

Some of us would settle for paying outrageous prices as long as there was availability at this point. . .
I might be at this point. I woke up this morning, and one of my screens had green lines and static on it. Not sure if its cables, monitors, or my GPU kicking. Lookin at prices now, and looks like I can snag an ASRock 6900XT for $1600. If I have to, I may just do it.

I grab a Zotec RTX 3070 from there store as they had some stock which makes Nvidia the price setter and payed to much but it was cheaper then the Apple 13 phone I am sure of that one ..

That's not hard to do. If you want to pay double and nearly triple almost MSRP, just use one of the discord groups that notifies you when queues are open or products are live on Newegg, Amazon, Best Buy, etc. I personally think its stupid to pay $1700 for a card that has an MSRP of $649 that was released a year ago. But some people are willing to throw very large amounts of money at something that's almost already outdated.

I might be at this point. I woke up this morning, and one of my screens had green lines and static on it. Not sure if its cables, monitors, or my GPU kicking. Lookin at prices now, and looks like I can snag an ASRock 6900XT for $1600. If I have to, I may just do it.

What are you looking for as Zotec store has 3 models in stock now but pricey 3070Ti /3080/3080Ti
I got a 3090 back in February for $1700, but knocked off $500 of that for a 5700xt that I traded to him so it really only cost me 1200 out of pocked, which I made back in mining over 2.5 months, all in all I'd say it might be the least expensive videocard I ever purchased.

Reactions: noko
like this
But some people are willing to throw very large amounts of money at something that's almost already outdated.
Well, when your card running a 1440@144 or 4k goes and there's no option lower than $1700 for a card to run it, what do you do? It sucks.

When we thought prices was some what normal a RTX 2080Ti cost what $1200 .. if you can score a card thats is like preformance and stay below $1200 with say a RTX 3070 @ $800 - 890 is that not still Winning ?

Well, when your card running a 1440@144 or 4k goes and there's no option lower than $1700 for a card to run it, what do you do? It sucks.
Guess it depends on your priorities for playing video games. I always keep a decent backup GPU and that was my R9 Fury. After selling my Vega 64 last year and its like winning the lotto trying to get a card at MSRP from AMD directly. I've just gone outside more and been more productive with other projects around the house. There's better things I can spend $2K on than a year old graphics card that likely has less than a 2 year lifespan to play games at high res/refresh.

Guess it depends on your priorities for playing video games. I always keep a decent backup GPU and that was my R9 Fury. After selling my Vega 64 last year and its like winning the lotto trying to get a card at MSRP from AMD directly. I've just gone outside more and been more productive with other projects around the house. There's better things I can spend $2K on than a year old graphics card that likely has less than a 2 year lifespan to play games at high res/refresh.
Its not really just playing video games though. I lose my ability to play Path of Exile, it'd suck, but I still need to do online banking and stuff. And a 770 is probably something like $800. I guess I could do it on a laptop or something though. Its sort of like the motor going in your truck right now. You don't need an $80,000 truck to get to work, but you still have to drop $8,900 on a beat to shit clunker. There's no way around it.

Something something casting out the money changers.

That's funny because crypto hodlers are even bigger cantillionaires than equity owners. The crypto market cap was only around $200-250 billion at the end of 2018 and now is nearly $3 trillion.

How much could I mine today with my rx 570 8gb /Rx 580 8Gb /Rx 5700 x 2 / RTX 3070 = 5 different cards as Greed as not affected me yet .

How much could I mine today with my rx 570 8gb /Rx 580 8Gb /Rx 5700 x 2 / RTX 3070 = 5 different cards as Greed as not affected me yet .
Go here:
https://www.whattomine.com/
Do each Arch separately since one card will do better on one algorithm then the other

or

The simple route which I don't recommend other than getting feet wet is:
https://www.nicehash.com/

You can use their profitability calculator to figure out your potential earnings
https://www.nicehash.com/profitability-calculator

Best to take this to the Crypto Thread as well.

I've seen a 1299$ and $1319 6800XT in stock for multiple days recently. Sapphire pulse and gigabyte windforce. Both are decent graphics cards. You have to pay attention but they are out there.

I've also gotten several cards off the AMD stock drops on Thursdays. Yes I mine with them. Yes I don't care if people wish me death here because of it. :p
What are you looking for as Zotec store has 3 models in stock now but pricey 3070Ti /3080/3080Ti
Right exactly, the nvidia ones are around too you just have to pay 2x msrp (of a founders) for it.
I personally think its stupid to pay $1700 for a card that has an MSRP of $649 that was released a year ago. But some people are willing to throw very large amounts of money at something that's almost already outdated.
MSRP of the *reference* cards are $649, just to put that into perspective. Good luck finding MSRP for aftermarket models though. The companies don't seem to publish that info for their products.

I expect top end GPU prices to stay high or even go up. SLI and X-Fire are dead, and chiplets are coming. At some point the chip shortage will end and prices for less powerful cards will return to sanity, but the top end stuff will be more like buying a top end Threadripper or some sort of EPYC. The high end stuff will just have more chiplets on the card.

I expect top end GPU prices to stay high or even go up. SLI and X-Fire are dead, and chiplets are coming. At some point the chip shortage will end and prices for less powerful cards will return to sanity, but the top end stuff will be more like buying a top end Threadripper or some sort of EPYC. The high end stuff will just have more chiplets on the card.

What I'm amazed is the industry role reversal. GPUs used to be pretty cheap, whereas Apple products used to be crazy expensive with insane markups. Now Apple products are way cheaper than anything else in the market and higher quality. 2500 zone miniLED display in an Ipad which would probably be five thousand dollars if it were a PC monitor. They have a M1 chip with 57 billion transistors (3x the transistors of an RTX 3070 and more than double that of a RTX 3090) that they could probably crank the TDP up and charge a lot of money for...but instead put it in a low power device and sell it for less than a lot of gaming laptops. And now GPUs are crazy high margin products.

I've seen a 1299$ and $1319 6800XT in stock for multiple days recently. Sapphire pulse and gigabyte windforce. Both are decent graphics cards. You have to pay attention but they are out there.

I've also gotten several cards off the AMD stock drops on Thursdays. Yes I mine with them. Yes I don't care if people wish me death here because of it. :p

Right exactly, the nvidia ones are around too you just have to pay 2x msrp (of a founders) for it.

MSRP of the *reference* cards are $649, just to put that into perspective. Good luck finding MSRP for aftermarket models though. The companies don't seem to publish that info for their products.

Yup you can grab a nice 6800XT for $1299.99

https://roguecast.com/product/bf94d796-511e-4fbb-a8c8-a57c8dc69847

$649 is the lowest I've paid recently for a 6800xt and that was a reference card on a stock drop.

You'll find one for $600 eventually. Sometime in 2023 perhaps. lol

$649 is the lowest I've paid recently for a 6800xt and that was a reference card on a stock drop.

You'll find one for $600 eventually. Sometime in 2023 perhaps. lol
I've tried countless times on those drops. If theres a secret please let me know.

As I said ebay sets the price because it's a live market on demand .. Gtx 1070 Ti / RX 580 8Gb $400 base line if your lucky and everything else is pushing up in price to make room for the new price set by demand .

Hi all, I am looking to upgrade my 1080 Ti so I can play better at 4K and 4K 3D titles. I can get a used one for $1400 USD FTW3 or a black edition from EVGA at $1000. But this seems too high for cards as old as 2080 Ti. I'm very tempted to get it but also wondering how much longer I should wait to try and get one?

my 2060 that I got just before Covid seems to go for crazy prices like $500 on Ebay, I assume cause it’s not crippled for mining? Makes me wonder if I should sell it and get a LHR 3060 Ti, those show up daily on Newegg shuffle for under $600.

Even if I won the newegg shuffle there page link showed $899 for there Zotec RTX 3070 holo that there store was selling for $879 .. Not that I wanted an Nvidia card after being AMD for ever but it's something new to me if I keep the card or not as to be 2080Ti like would be something to see for under $1200 .. so keep that in mind as the 2080Ti set the higher prices were seeing .

It's for the foreseeable future from what I've been told. At my local computer shop the guys working there say they can take any 3000 series card and sell it for almost $1000 CDN more than the MSRP. They said it won't be till 2023 at the earliest before prices come down so the fact is if you want a 3080, it is going to cost you $2500 +. Kind of crazy as video cards now cost almost as much as my entire workstation.

maybe next mid 2022 just in time for the 4000 series and then it starts over again

Back