When will Video Card prices come down lower?

EVGA has moved the goal posts on their queues so many times-----I think they have probably accidentally dropped several people from the spot they originally had. But who knows.

I signed up for a 3070 ti within about 40 minutes of the elite queue opening. That was in June or something. And I've never gotten a notification. And they stopped doing it by the minute you signed up, awhile ago. Its now based on elite status points level, etc.

I signed up within the first hour for the exact same card and had my 3070Ti notification within a month...<shrug>.

I've got two notifies from late October 2020 and have received nothing. The website still says it hasn't sent anything. Seems useless to me. Doesn't help you can only have two active, so i've got about 10 in there, but only the original two are marked as 'active'.

IMO, the system is broke, because I haven't gotten shit and i've been waiting now for more than a year. Me being a long-time EVGA customer with 50+ items registered apparently didn't mean shit either.

There are a lot of nuances to the queue. I would bet that the October 2020 notifies are cards that may never be made (Black, Gaming non-Ultra). I found that out the hard way as my 9/17/20 queue was a 3080 Gaming (non-Ultra) which I never was notified about either. By the time I figured out that they were only going to ship out the Ultra Gaming cards, I was too deep into the 3080 Queue that I'll never get one. I figured it out though and got a 3060, 3070, 3070Ti, and 3080Ti from the queue. Picked up another 3070 from BB. Stepped up the first 3070 to a 3090 and the second to a 3080.

I signed up within the first hour for the exact same card and had my 3070Ti notification within a month...<shrug>.

There are a lot of nuances to the queue. I would bet that the October 2020 notifies are cards that may never be made (Black, Gaming non-Ultra). I found that out the hard way as my 9/17/20 queue was a 3080 Gaming (non-Ultra) which I never was notified about either. By the time I figured out that they were only going to ship out the Ultra Gaming cards, I was too deep into the 3080 Queue that I'll never get one. I figured it out though and got a 3060, 3070, 3070Ti, and 3080Ti from the queue. Picked up another 3070 from BB. Stepped up the first 3070 to a 3090 and the second to a 3080.
They only let you be in line for two, and if there are cards never even dropping from a queue, why the fuck did they ever let people sign up for them? Seems scummy to me.

They only let you be in line for two, and if there are cards never even dropping from a queue, why the fuck did they ever let people sign up for them? Seems scummy to me.
You'd think they could at least list an average wait time for each model so people know what to expect. But nah, too hard.

I got all my cards when you could sign up for anything. I haven't gotten any since the new "only two" nonsense.

I think some of the blame lies with Nvidia forcing OEMs to have one SKU at "MSRP" hence the "black" card. I'm going to guess it was made in extremely limited quantities and probably sold near cost just to have a card at that price. You aren't going to see any more of them made. The other factor is if all of the GPUs clock about the same, so why would they sell a lower end version for less money when they can sell the "Ultra Gaming" version for more money when the only difference between the card is the factory overclocked bios? Initially, I thought I'd save $30 and just manually overclock, but it turns out EVGA wanted to keep the $30 for themselves and never had more than a handful of the "mid-range" cards available. Queues for cards that aren't the high end Ultra Gaming FTW3 or XC3 aren't getting filled.

You'd think they could at least list an average wait time for each model so people know what to expect. But nah, too hard.

I don't know that they could do that if the reason for the delay is component shortages.

I don't know that they could do that if the reason for the delay is component shortages.
I mean they know the rate at which they get them out over a certain time period, shortages or not. They know which models they're producing more of, so list it. If they're making 1 mid range model for every 5 high end for profit's sake, list it. Especially if you can only choose 2 to queue for.

I mean they know the rate at which they get them out over a certain time period, shortages or not. They know which models they're producing more of, so list it. If they're making 1 mid range model for every 5 high end for profit's sake, list it. Especially if you can only choose 2 to queue for.

Actually, I think they did say somewhere that "you have a much better chance" of getting an Ultra Gaming card than a lower end SKU. I don't remember where I saw it (could have been Jacob from EVGA on twitter or maybe in the EVGA forums). This has been demonstrated by the EVGA Queue trackers that show the lower end SKUs still stuck in September/October 2020 and most of the others moving along at a relatively normal rate.

Actually, I think they did say somewhere that "you have a much better chance" of getting an Ultra Gaming card than a lower end SKU. I don't remember where I saw it (could have been Jacob from EVGA on twitter or maybe in the EVGA forums). This has been demonstrated by the EVGA Queue trackers that show the lower end SKUs still stuck in September/October 2020 and most of the others moving along at a relatively normal rate.
Right, so why not just list it then?

Exactly, why even let people sign up for the black editions, or the normal gamer one's if they are never going to make them available anyways? Or at least give you a warning as such given the 2 max active queue now. It's idiotic. It just further shows that normal/average people who aren't up to date on whatever the latest bullshit is have no chance of getting cards outside of the insanely high MSRP one's on the shuffle/amazon since scalpers can't make money from those anyways.

They definitely could've handled that better. Maybe let people with lower model queues like the XC3 Black switch their position to the XC3 Ultra. It's not really fair that someone who signed for the XC3 Ultra weeks after someone who signed up for the XC3 Black has a card and the other guy doesn't. The queue was originally implemented in a bit of a rush to respond to demand back in October 2020. They probably just didn't even think about it at the time.

They could also communicate better with emails, they never even sent out info about Queue 3.0 to their members. The only way to know Queue 3.0 exists is by seeing a news article or post about it.

Look at the bright side. They could have said FU and never implemented a queue just like their competitors. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

Look at the bright side. They could have said FU and never implemented a queue just like their competitors. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.
I've never got a single card from them. So the saying doesn't apply here. In fact, I was a long-time customer but no longer am because their GPU's are impossible to get.

To me, their queue system is a joke. It was a lame attempt to make it look like they care. Scalpers still get the majority of their cards, etc.

Exactly, why even let people sign up for the black editions, or the normal gamer one's if they are never going to make them available anyways? Or at least give you a warning as such given the 2 max active queue now. It's idiotic. It just further shows that normal/average people who aren't up to date on whatever the latest bullshit is have no chance of getting cards outside of the insanely high MSRP one's on the shuffle/amazon since scalpers can't make money from those anyways.

I signed up for a Black 3070. Essentially the base model without a back plate. Never got an email in over a year, but I already got a higher end model from Amazon last January. I guess they won't bother with the base models, which are a better value. Why pay $30-40 for a back plate and a slight clock boost when you can OC yourself? I think many agree with me, but EVGA has limited supply so they'll only manufacture the higher end models. That way they can bump up the price without overtly upping the MSRP too high. You can get a higher end model, with $.70 of extra materials, for $30 more. And you'll take it otherwise you won't get a GPU. That is what I did. Paid $60 more than a Black for the 2nd highest end model, but it was better than not getting a new GPU.

I signed up for a Black 3070. Essentially the base model without a back plate. Never got an email in over a year, but I already got a higher end model from Amazon last January. I guess they won't bother with the base models, which are a better value. Why pay $30-40 for a back plate and a slight clock boost when you can OC yourself? I think many agree with me, but EVGA has limited supply so they'll only manufacture the higher end models. That way they can bump up the price without overtly upping the MSRP too high. You can get a higher end model, with $.70 of extra materials, for $30 more. And you'll take it otherwise you won't get a GPU. That is what I did. Paid $60 more than a Black for the 2nd highest end model, but it was better than not getting a new GPU.
Flogger23m Under the circumstances you probably did the right thing. Me, I hate the circumstances.

The only doomsayer I recall from back then was MLID and he was claiming the shortage was artifically created by Nvidia to drive up demand.
MLID. Man I can't stand that guy. His demeanor is like an air of superiority and he's absolutely wrong on so much but pretends to not be.

1650s aren't available for the EVGA que so I have every right to bite their hand thank you very much.

https://www.techradar.com/deals/loo...-yet-graphics-card-prices-are-falling-rapidly

The question is for how long?

ZUbSdKhDD7XWjyNWXY49Hk-970-80.png.webp

"...data like this reinforces the notion that graphics card prices over the past year have been inextricably linked to the crypto market and mining profitability."

🤣 the miners will have none of that truth

"...data like this reinforces the notion that graphics card prices over the past year have been inextricably linked to the crypto market and mining profitability."

🤣 the miners will have none of that truth

Or maybe there is less demand because people have already bought one.

The big flaw of your "truth" is that you still can't readily buy a PS5 or XBX even though they can't mine at all. So clearly there is something else at play other than just mining. Crypto maybe a factor but it is not the only factor.

Or maybe there is less demand because people have already bought one.

The big flaw of your "truth" is that you still can't readily buy a PS5 or XBX even though they can't mine at all. So clearly there is something else at play other than just mining. Crypto maybe a factor but it is not the only factor.

Just quoting the article my man... no need to get triggered.. unless you are a miner, right? Or are you? lol
I'm fully aware of the other factors at play. ;)

Just quoting the article my man... no need to get triggered.. unless you are a miner, right? Or are you? lol
I'm fully aware of the other factors at play. ;)

Your post noted the article as "truth." Which is hardly the case.

%2Fba%2F9d%2F86%2Fba9d8653b148197f6b33999a290dcfcf.jpg

Back